Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Blizzard is not Jagex. Blizzard has stated they do not want to develop 2 MMO’s at one time. You can not force a company to do something they do not want to do.

At best we probably get TBC and Wrath servers because it would just build off the tech they developed for Classic.

Bro I don’t think you played classic if you think for a second raids in classic are hard compared to raids now. Not that raids now are hard but man its not even close.

Investors can force people to do things they don’t want to, you never bite the hand that feeds you.

You are just a mess of contradictions and disinformation.

Vanilla is a class based game.

Pretty sure current LFR is much more complex than Classic raids. There is a rude awakening incoming for some people.

2 Likes

Very much this.

This has been discussed to death on this forum. I’m not going to make all those points again. We’ll see about all this LFR difficulty talk when AQ40 drops.

Investors isn’t the reason they made Classic. Classic was made to protect their IP and give them much more leverage when dealing with private servers outside the US.

1 Like

Specs make classes mate. Without specs, it may as well as be elder scrolls skyrim where you’re just a jack of all trades master of none.

If you are a paladin with 21 points in holy and 30 points in prot what spec are you?

1 Like

Oh I see now. You’re doing this for our own good. Just like Blizzard, we think we want the game the way it was but we don’t.

World of warcraft is an internationally recognized copyright and trade mark, claiming abandonware for disliking the current game is an illegal falsified claim to which blizzard can bury those people in law suits.

When was the last time anyone anywhere claimed an mmorpg is abandonware because they disliked an expansion or patch?

In another thread, claiming a still active mmorpg which need i remind you, the very nature of an mmorpg is an ever changing world, meaning it changes but its never abandoned until the developer deems it a project no longer worth maintaining which need i remind you is all about money.

The content inside of Classic is no longer available in a Blizzard product. Until Classic launches the original content does not exist. In many countries overseas the law changes if you have a a current product on the market.

After Cata the original content was abandoned because it does not currently exist in WoW.

paladin specc

1 Like

The content still exists, its not abandoned, its outdated to the point no one does them anymore. That is the very nature of expansions to mmorpgs, as time goes forward and more expansions are released, old content is irrelevant.

This was and will never be about protecting an ip that doesn’t need protection.

Investors and developers are widely aware of the world around them more so than we care to acknowledge.

Why do you think resident evil 2 was remade? It was demanded and its an easy cash boost because those that demanded it are willing to pay for it. Just like final fantasy 7 is being remade for, neverminding square enix is good at fan service.

Reading the first few posts, people seem to be taking “fixing problems” as “fixing” what’s “wrong” with base Classic, but I don’t think that’s where the real benefit of “Classic+” lies.

Where Classic+ has a chance to be amazing is that it could enable Blizz to develop content patches with a structure in mind (vanilla-like) while avoiding the failed parts of mainline WoW’s past expansions and patches. Combine that with a robust community feedback loop so most things are run by the players first in addition to the usual PTR system and well… it’d be really hard to go wrong IMO.

No its gone. Play Westfall in Vanilla and then play it today, its not the same.

Just create a new MMO then. I can see them doing that from what they learn, but they’re not going to change Classic.

That’s a possibility sure and I’d likely play it, but personally speaking I would be pretty bummed if all the stuff laying on the cutting room floor from Vanilla’s development never got a chance to see the light of day in the form of Classic.

That’s subjective. You need to realize as time moved forward older zones, dungeons and raids were made irrelevant to all but those who are leveling a new character or flat out new to the game. This is why all zones prior to new expansions are as empty as they seem, they are irrelevent.

Edit: This is why runescape 3 exists as it is today, changes were made to the game to keep it fresh and relevant in the now.