Classic set to fail before it even happens?

So you rolled the wrong class for what you want to do. Whose fault is that? And it can always be fixed - roll a more appropriate class.

I’d much rather see them release TBC and WotLK, until the Blizzard of 2019 proves that it can be the Blizzard of the mid-2000s again. Do you trust the Blizzard of BFA to do Classic+? I know I don’t. Maybe if 9.0 or 10.0 shows a return to core principles, then I’d feel comfortable with Classic+, but until then? I’d rather go with what I know than risk it.

1 Like

I’m going to say the WoW manual’s description of the classes:

Yet, Paladins are only their most effective as a healer… You understanding why hybrid class players had such big issues with how vanilla played out?

You would have to wonder how the devs feel about people being more excited over a 15 year old version of WoW than the current version. One of my friends last year(who started in WotLK, have unsubbed shorty after i did as well as the rest of the guild) said “he had no interest in playing classic” and yet after him looking up stuff about classic said “he would prefer that version of WoW and plans on playing it” i was left surprised and speechless.

A lot of people are just sick of AP gear / grinds, WQ’s, classes are crap, CRZ, WM, sharding, rep locked races etc i could go on about this. This is what happens when companies costs cut and try and increase MAUs over player enjoyment. These systems are made to slow you down, cut costs on servers and at the same time has ripped out what the game was about, “community” No wonder why the game is in a very sorry state. While all these systems are in place i will never touch retail again.

The merger with asstivision was the biggest mistake any company could have made, they have killed the “gamers making games for gamers” which is why we’re in this spot now, wanting a 15year old version of WoW just to please our hobby addiction.

There are no specs in vanilla, just customized talent builds.

what is this I don’t even…

There’s nothing of value that comes out of time invested into playing MMO’s anyway, it’s pure time killer.

1 Like

Here we go with the entitled generation getting butt hurt over everything. I clearly stated that classic servers won’t get touched they can keep their same boring content for 100 more years for all I care. They clearly don’t want changes and that’s fine!!! You’re classic servers WONT be touched!

I don’t say “don’t post here” because I don’t want to hear from them. It’s because they got the game they want why would what happens on a different server have any effect on them?

It’s funny it’s just as toxic here as it is on reddit. Yet people on these forums act all high and mighty like they are better than reddit.

I ask a simple question to get peoples ideas and go back and look through all the posts, it’s like people just read the title and ignored everything else and just went full on toxic mode.

So just like reddit this place is " IT’S NOT WHAT I WANT SO NO ONE CAN HAVE IT."

Even though I think its fine you get to keep classic just how u want it on your server, at least I don’t go around crying I want classic plus and you will give it to me the way I want it and those who don’t want classic plus sorry you don’t get it.

What exactly is OP’s argument? That Classic will fail because it won’t have more content than the real classic had?

This is nonsense. As per usual, classic fanboys are trying to hijack anger over BFA-specific features (or, in some cases, things introduced in Legion that carried over) and directing it to any and every change made since classic ended. It’s dishonest. Believe it or not, people enjoy things like flying and PvE difficulty settings. There are plenty things about BFA to hate such as layers of RNG on gear and pruned classes, but that doesn’t mean literally every approach of modern WoW is wrong like you people try to pretend.

1 Like

Classic WoW is filled to the brim with mechanics and grind specifically designed to slow you down, but when classic does it it’s “world building”, “challenge” and “a journey to be completed and appreciated” while when modern WoW does it (to a much smaller degree in most cases) it’s “time-padding” and “money-grabbing” and merely a means to keep you subscribed. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Agreed - however, couldn’t they just do expansions without changing the game systems every single time?

I think (hope) that’s what the OP is asking for with a Classic+.

1 Like

I think Blizzard carefully wants to “see what happens”. Yes they know that there is a loyal following of original Vanilla players, but the big unknown is how many people it will draw from retail as well as completely new players.

No doubt there will be an initial surge before the numbers stabilise a bit - yet no-one at this point knows what that number will be.

Activision-Blizzard (and its shareholders) aren’t dumb though - if they see Classic as a success with maintenance of decent player numbers then they would be shooting themselves in the foot to simply let it rest in peace once all 6 phases have been rolled out.

1 Like

I’d personally rather just go to tbc instead of classic +

1 Like

The only future of Classic I’m worried about right now is about 38 days and 20 hours in the future.

If classic rolls into TBC I will be the happiest man in Outland.

2 Likes

Whether go to BC/Wrath later on or develop new content classic I think most people just want to make sure that original classic servers remain untouched.

2 Likes

Well, unless they have new ppl, they don’t GIVE a crap what we want. They are creating/re-creating a game and we’ll like it or gtfo!

Which is really STUPID, but that’s the “Business dude” M.O. apparently. Apparently they’ve never heard about “customer service” or “the customer is always right” (which, granted is a tad… unrealistic, still…)

Mainly, I don’t care too much so long as they do not screw up the appearance too much. When every area I love got screwed up, appearance wise - burned/rended… w/e also mob changes… while somewhat realistic… sh*t changes… I did not like what they did. It’s ok in SW now, but really looking fwd to some time in the park. Etc…

Not only does your title predispose people to thinking you’re a fool, but then you follow it up with statements like:

If you weren’t trying to troll those who want Classic to remain as is, you really did a bad job of it.

Almost like your post was set up to piss people off.

Yea that’s the funny part a few posts above people just immediately assume I want bfa crap content for expansions.

In fact I want to play classic as is for a year or 2, then I want new content but without changing the core of classic. Take all the things that make people want classic and put that into the expansions. Don’t just start making giant overhauls to content.

You don’t need to add new levels to expansions, or even upgrades that are significant. Perhaps the expansion just adds some new raid gear that doesn’t raise any caps just has a few extra stats for specs like shadow priest where they get 10% more mana regen so they can compete in future expansions.

Don’t just overhaul classes everytime like they did with past expansions.

2 Likes
  1. They’re not stupid. Retail is still the most successful MMORPG alive. They’re creating layering and a low server count because they know that the 15 year old game is going to be a fad. Most people are going to come for their nostalgia fix and then quit.

2. If you can’t handle the grinds, things locked behind rep, you’re not going to last in Classic. Level 60 is a gear, HK, and rep grind. And I know, you like the journey, well the journey is going to end. You can’t actually do the content in the game and stay below 60 forever. You’re going to hit the level cap, and then the grind is what you have to look forward to.

3. Blizzard is still making games for gamers. YOU are not the only gamer. More people than in any single other MMORPG are enjoying BfA. Your reason for wanting classic isn’t my reason for wanting classic, and I’ll be playing both.

1 Like

A refreshing and valid response, thank you.