Classic Servers getting free character transfers, but where is mine from a DEAD realm on retail?

What? The blizz post clearly says it’s from highly-populated realms. That does not=rapid drop off.

5 Likes

or re-roll on a new one.

1 Like

Actually it’s the opposite, most of the realms are so overpopulated that there is multi-hour que times. This is a result of blizzard not releasing nearly enough servers when it launched. 1 week later people are too invested in their characters to abandon them and restart on a lower population server, so the only way to get them to move off realm is to offer server transfers.

6 Likes

You all are missing the point, they CHOSE to roll on those high/full populated realms and are getting free transfers. I PICKED MY SERVER 14 years ago, when it wasn’t dead, why should I have to pay for my transfer to a reasonably populated server, while they don’t, even though I have been supporting retail for 14 years and they came back to ride the garbage hype train that is Classic WoW.

6 Likes

Oh well they just focusing on the money maker.

1 Like

I would NEVER transfer off of a full server. They are basically dumping you into a dying server.

Better off waiting a month and still being on an active server rather than a ghost town.

2 Likes

Regardless of the reasoning, once again Blizzard is alienating a significant portion of its player base.

That’s, ah, not great.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: lmao

Actually they are offering free transfers for the opposite reason. Some of the realms are massively overcrowded so they are going to be offering free transfers off of the most overly populated realms so people aren’t in very long queues. They need to do something before they collapse all the layers before phase two, and this is one of those things they are doing.

5 Likes

Classic is the Chad that you “don’t have to worry about, we’re just study partners”

They wouldn’t be having free transfers off highly populated realms if they were experiencing rapid drop off.

3 Likes

To be fair, Blizzard really should do something about the low populated realms in retail. It shouldn’t be up to the player to pay more money to move when Blizzard refuses to merge realms or even continue to connect realms.

Sure there is CRZ, but you can’t trade with those people, the auction houses aren’t connected, you can’t join guilds, etc. They really should connect more realms like they started years ago at the very least.

7 Likes

I was on Twisting Nether, which was dead long before Classic came out, so I wasn’t getting excited about anything. I JUST transferred my main character to Stormrage and then I see these announcements for free transfers for these bandwagon riding Classic loving peons. They chose it themselves and that is what is making me so angry, I didn’t choose for Twisting Nether to be an abyss, it just became that way over time and that is what is grinding my gears. Classic sucks, its hype and that is all, I doubt a couple month from now there will be any “FULL” servers. So why do they get free stuff while I don’t.

3 Likes

You are missing quite a few points to though to be fair. It might just be that you don’t know how all this happened, which is understandable.

Many of these people chose these realms and reserved names before they became overly populated. Blizzard was playing it safe and started with a slim number of servers. Those servers filled up quick, so they opened more. People then went to those realms. Those filled up and Blizzard opened more. Some people made characters on those new realms and then those filled up. Some people have changed servers at least three times already.

It’s true that some chose to stay on those realms. But at least three times Blizzard opened more realms urging people to move to those realms. And all those times the realms filled up. This wasn’t all a player made problem.

7 Likes

Except… You can only get Free Xfers if you went to a high pop server, and to my knowledge that’s the same offer in retail, isn’t it?

this.

the people who are taking the free transfer are going to be disappointed when in a few months the servers that were free to xfer to are ghosttowns and they can’t get groups for anything, and most people are playing on a handful of high pop classic servers.

1 Like

Because transfers from full servers alleviates the problem of full servers. Transfers from dead servers makes the problem worse.

2 Likes

On some servers, and no ques on others. Hence the free transfers.

They would actually. Where do you think the space on the less populated servers is coming from?

Probably the servers that are brand new on Friday? Its almost like they scaled with demand, woah!

4 Likes