Classic/retail pet battles

Would be nice if I could do a few battles while sitting in classic ques, sitting around LFTanks, sitting on long flights… Yeah yeah, I know, vanilla wouldn’t be pure with pet battles… IDK, maybe an add-on that brings up a layover or something, so that it doesn’t interfer with the vanilla UI.

I think I can safely say this will never happen.

Happy that you enjoy Vanilla. I’ll stick with Super New York Fudge Chunk WOW.

Pets were called “vanity pets” for a reason back then - that’s all they were, a vanity. ‘Look at this neat/cute little critter that doesn’t do anything except follow me around.’

It’s not even about keeping it “pure” or interfering with Classic UI… everything about Pet Battles literally didn’t exist in Vanilla. Pet stats, abilities, even the Pet Journal and account-wide pets, and so on. None of it existed to make even the thought of fighting another team of pets a distant possibility. I’m not a mod-maker, but idk if someone can create something from nothing, even if it’s an addon. Assets just aren’t there.

A better idea would be for Blizzard to create and release a Pet Battle app for phones, like an extension for the WoW Companion App. Then people could sit in queues and casually Pet Battle. Only problem with this is developers would then have to figure out a way to enable being logged into both Classic and Retail at the same time. Currently you can’t; can’t even use the app if you’re logged into Classic IIRC.

2 Likes

You can.
Just get yourself a second account.

If you make duel gatherers on each account you can easily farm the gold (in retail) to pay both subs with no more work than farming sub gold on a single account.

True, a second account would work, but that’s only IF there was a Mobile Pet Battle app from Blizzard. Which has been requested in this forum every few weeks for the past three years and hasn’t happened yet.

With current price of Tokens, 150-160K each (it’s a Seller’s Market these days) becomes little less easy to support two accounts too.

Why wouldn’t you just tab between accounts?
Playing 2 linked accounts I can play classic on one at the same time as playing retail and pet battling on the other.

Not having 2 monitors I’ve got pretty quick at alt-tabbing.

Ah, guess I misunderstood point you were making. There’s no problem at all with playing Retail and Classic at same time with two accounts; I’ve found it even easier with a desktop and laptop side by side.

Should add, even though this kinda off-topic for a Pet forum, that playing Classic on both accounts at same time, grouped together (I try to avoid saying “playing with myself”) much less useful than in BfA since loot and herbs and ore and skins not shared anymore, just like in Vanilla. Just means less XP for either participant.