Classic Reborn?

You are exactly right. Retail has so many ways to soeed level. Classic was a grind. So what do they do. Summer of love. Lol. Yeah thats the classic spirit. They cant stick to one thing. One day its all about socializing and the bad parts beung part of the experience. The next day they think waiting for cooldowns forced you to fill that time socializing so lets remove that. And we dont want spec loot rules cause having someone ninja loot was part if the experience. But waiting after a wipe is an exoerience that just wasnt fun.

This post is just confusing you’re saying if they even alter classic a little we should just toss the entire thing in the garbage and make the combat like retail? Hell no man retail combat is not good. Press the glowing button and Giga homogenized classes with no identity of their own. This is the peak of WoW and nobody wants whatever this crap is you’re suggesting. Sure paladin is boring as hell and has a 1 button macro but I wouldn’t change wrath just cause of that. Same as me not changing classic just because my main mage was a one button class in raids.

1 Like

Players are much more knowledgeable compared to back when vanilla began. I rolled face on my keyboard in MC when they brought it back for retail while the newbies suffered what we endured back in the days.

One of the biggest changes is economy. The progression is much faster. So yes, the game was spot on, but the players are different and more knowledgeable.

I’m not saying change wrath. I’d rather have wrath as it was in vanilla. They are making changes and calling it classic. There is no nostalgia in something that has changed. Granted the payer base changed because we are better now; but the game is having new features we never had before. Therefore, it’s not the original classic.

How are you calling new and better changes crap? People like you that companies fail to succeed and progress their games into the future. You’re so hung up on the old ***** that change is not in your life. I’m sorry to break the news. Tube TV’s are not a thing anymore. I hope you know there are flat thin TV’s with a 4k resolution. Are you complaining about that?

SoM was decent idea but timed so poorly if they would have waited until wrath was over maybe might have gone better curious to see what happens to classic once wrath is done

2 Likes

I made a post just like this earlier today. Got a lot of backlash. xD

1 Like

Because the influx of new players declined, rather than grew, like it was back in the day?

I also really enjoyed WoW Classic, and prefer Retail to TBC Classic.

I don’t know that there is a single decision about SoM that I actually think is an improvement.

The population was growing and there were always new players to be found during the original release. Now, we have literal expert players where 10,000 hours of gameplay seems like it’s on the lowside for the average WoW Classic player.

Exactly! The moment we said, “add this and add that.” The community went nuts. Now that blizzard is making changes, everyone is fine with it. I will still stick to my opinion. Classic should have been the same as it was back in vanilla with retail features. Let’s be real here. Retail has some good features vanilla didn’t. What was so wrong to add the new graphics and animations to make the gameplay more smooth and less harsh? I play a rogue and rogues back in vanilla feel so slow compared to retail.

i liked classic MC was fun but for me the world buffs were not fun to get and felt bad when you died at any point during the raid

SoM got rid of world buffs in the raids but it came out to soon after people recently finished Classic and enjoying TBC to go and re-play though classic again plus they released way to many servers should have only hade 3 one of each type

If they ever attempt another SoM i dont think it will be until wrath is over

2 Likes

I actually thought he was just misguided until this, and then realized the real point of this thread.

By the way, lfd is a Wrath system. Wanting it included in the expansion it was in is not a change. Removing it from that expansion is.

It was actually at the end of Wrath. We asked for this in Vanilla Classic and TBC to make lives easier. They call it QoL. Times have changed. Most of us don’t want to sit there LFG in chat playing tickle *****. Eventually it was coming to Wrath, what was so wrong to add it at the start of Vanilla classic? This is endless. Retail is a polished new version of WoW that lacks good content. You can’t deny the fact some features, animations and graphics are better than classic.

It was half of Wrath actually. Far more than things like cross-realm bgs in Vanilla.

Anyway, you started your thread by saying Classic was spot on. And TBC as well, but they’ve messed up now with all these changes. Then pivot saying they need to make even more changes. It just doesn’t really make sense.

The problem with this is leveling in vanilla is something I don’t want to regularly go through. I opted to not go through the hell that is vanilla leveling, so SoM was not for me. If they started without wiping levels… I would’ve raided in SoM maybe. They didn’t do enough changes to make SoM playable on repeat.

Sorry stopped reading here as that is far from the truth. Goodluck have fun.

I disagree. SoM was an attempt to fit Classic into the seasonal ponzi scheme of D3, not Classic+. Its seasonal nature was a huge turn-off and drove away many who would otherwise like to see novel Classic content. The changes themselves were difficulty-sliders to raids and the removal of Classic worldbuffs, another flop. There were no new dungeons/zones or novel gear/sets, only accelerated XP and giveaway nodes/crafting procs.

Classic+ begins in Classic Era Phase 7 with a quest to blow up The Dark Portal.

1 Like

Even if it was a carbon copy of the game you played years ago, it wouldn’t be the same. World Buff Metas, boss mechanic guides available, a more skilled player base. There is no discovery left. You just follow a guide on how to gear and talent your character and use DBM to learn mechanics. And even if you don’t use guides, the other 39 members on your team do, so your actions don’t really matter on that scale.

1 Like

I would guess you speak of classic plus. Once som1 is over and wrath classic is stable a classic plus experience with heroic raids, new retro raids(eventually) and achievements+mount tab would be a fun thing to have.

How about a stand-alone Classic.

Give out the server and client, with bots playing 24/7

You know, this might be a great idea. Guilds Wars did it back in the days. You would grab an NPC to do a dungeon. You had a choice of healer, dps or tank. In my opinion, you have two options. You either make the game like it was, which in my opinion was broken and lacking mechanics or make a few changes here and there to better experience the journey. I’m sure many of us have done something in our lives and look back today and say, “I wish I had done this differently.” Blizzard is doing just that.

Vanilla was not spot on at all.

Another RDF thread hiding behind meh feelings… cant there be a megathread for this already

1 Like