Classic Raids Are Easy

You have a Ret and a few locks run to the end and then lolaoe

ya?

wut :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lets say there’s 10,000 AotC guilds, we’ll give them all 25 players each. 250,000.

Last estimated count put WoW’s subs around 2-2.5m.

That means between 10% and 12.5% of the playerbase is raiders with AotC.

Leaving the other 87.5% to 90% of players being the aforementioned “LFR raiders and people with down syndrome”.

I know there are some pretty good raiders and guilds with good systems for raiding, but I’m still having a difficult time grasping MC within a week of launch. I haven’t read all the patch notes, but do you all realize that you need to also get quintessences from Duke Hydraxis to spill on the Runes of Warding to even summon Ragnaros, farm reputation with the Hydraxian Waterlords and have a decent amount of gear for 40 people at the same time?

I can see MC falling to the most dedicated raiding guild within 3-4 weeks, maybe the end of week 2 if they have 40 people synchronized on schedules. If I’m wrong though it’ll be a feat I’d never have believed to be possible in 2005.

leaving th other 80 to 90% of players being players not even interested in raiding.

Yes, I plead guilty. I utterly don’t care about how people who don’t give a crap about raiding, do in raids. they are not even statistic-worthy.

The point is : if you want to clear MC, it’s trivial.

Hakkar 5 Priest will not be cleared until guilds have Nax on Farm.

You not caring about them is irrelevant to their existence. If 90% of the playerbase can’t clear Ragnaros or get past Vael that seems to run counter to the assertion that “vanilla raiding is easy” and closer to my statement of “people are significantly dumber than they were 15 years ago and aren’t ready for the level of personal responsibility vanilla raids put on individual players”.

probably… but why would you do that? outside of a bored raid force seeking ridiculous way to challenge themselve like killing 5 MC boss at the same time?

when those people don’t even try, why should I bother accounting for them?

that’s like saying ice skating is hard cause 90% of the world can’t do it… but 90% of the world haven’t even tried.

classic raid don’t have personal responsability, you can have half a dozen players as back-up for every job worth mentionning… you don’t know what personal responsability in raid is until you’ve done a couple mythic end bosses.

1 Like

your moms easy

1 Like

Bro.

You’re saying a whole lot of NOTHING.

Your assumption is wrong since my main account is on EU WoW.

Not to mention, you thought a level 85 character would have Mythic+ raid experience?

“The amount of mechanics each boss has, or lack thereof to be more precise…make them tank-and-spank.”

Does that make any sense to you bro?

Do you know what tank and spank means?

And if so, how do you figure that if the fight has less mechanics, it is automatically
tank and spank?

Beacuse discounting 90% of the playerbase to try and square-peg-round-hole your original assertion of “VANILLA RAIDS ARE EASY” is disingenuous and you know it.

If 90% of a game’s playerbase can’t do X, you don’t get to claim that X is easy just because you’re part of the 10% that can. A perfect example of this is the MC upscale that was done for the 10 year anniversary.

Think only 60% of the playerbase at the time managed to complete that. 60%. And i know of at least one raid (mine) that was only able to complete it because someone with experience took over the raid after zoning in to an absolute clownfiesta.

I literally zoned in to 30 Lava Spawns active that STAYED active long enough for me to learn that Lava Spawns have a damned despawn timer.

2 hours later that same group killed Ragnaros because i told them what to do, when to do it and where to do it. And I’m willing to bet there were horror stories FAR worse than what I encountered.

mc can be cleared with 20 people. hello? vanilla raiding is not hard.

Im thinking of that time when Blizzard released Molten Core for the current max levels as an anniversary event. Most people were clueless, raids wiped repeatedly on the first boss (people didn’t know the simple mechanics), lack of fire resistance and not knowing how to do the pulls killed lots of raids on the trash after the fourth boss. For people who’ve been there, done that they will be pretty easy compared to current more technically demanding raids - for others they will be all over the place.

1 Like

Found the guy who will be OOM after the first wave of Sons on Ragnaros.

1 Like

people were only clueless because dispel was on an 8s cd in wod.

achievement are account-wide, not unique to character. Maybe you have a EU account… you still seems clueless about modern raid.

Yes, a boss having no mechanic make it tank and spank. When you have no job outside of ‘‘follow main assist and DPS’’ that makes it a tank and spank. I’d even add that ‘‘take 5 step to move out of fire once every 30 second’’ is so simple the boss remain in the tank-and-spank category… but that’s just me, used to mythic raiding.

aka lucifron : one or two people in your raid are decursing ( and it’s not really a dangerous curse). for everybodyelse: max range and DPS… tank and spank. I mean, Ashvane on live is basically the modern version of a tank-and-spank, and she have more mechanic than all of MC combined.

magmadar: 2 hunters have a tranq shot rotation, everybodyelse: tank and spank.

gehennas: same as lucifron.

garr: locks / druid have some CC to do. everybodyelse: assist and DPS.

geddon: first time you’ll see a mechanic!.. well, 1/40 chance to get the bomb, for everyonelse…tank and spank.

you get the idea… or maybe you don’t, some people really cling to that illusion of classic being hard/complex/ have personal responsability or wathever.

1 Like

The fact that you said Lucifron’s curse isn’t a dangerous curse puzzles me.

You’re not going to have Tier 3 or TBC gear on. You will MAYBE have some pieces of your dungeon set on…

1 Like

how do you know they can’t do it? they haven’t even tried.

Think only 60% of the playerbase at the time managed to complete that

60% of the absolute worst players ( the LFR crowd), unorganized, managed to complete it … and that was considered hard?

nd i know of at least one raid (mine) that was only able to complete it because someone with experience took over the raid

so one person out of 40 giving simple instruction to a bunch of baboons is all it takes to complete what was a ‘hard’ event?

I really want to put emphasis on this… 60% of a crowd who can’t be bothered to hotkey their interrupt/dispell, wrong talents, wrong gear, no consumable, awful UI, disorganized, no voice comm, no prior experience, no knowledge about the encounters, sub-tank DPS on average, no notion of mana efficiency for healers… still managed to clear it in 2 hours cause a single person out of 40 could give them basic pointer?

yeah. sounds trivial.

that’s assuming ragnaros survive long enough to have a P2