Classic PvP Content Plan

PVPing on a PVE server is always heavily imbalanced, as (less so but) often raiding on a PVP server is.

The problem is that you can’t merge two PVE servers with low PVP populations if their raiding population is quite high.

Which is why CRBGs being used ‘partially’ would be far better to maintain the community while giving people smaller queues. I remember being on one PVP server where the average queue pre-CRBGs was about three hours. Community is all great, but if you want to farm honor and get a single game every three hours… its not much of a consolation.

Well many deserved it for faction bloating.
Especially on pvp realms it is justice for imbalance.

I have been on both sides usually won when we were out numbered by the enemy. 13vs6 6 won.

Well that’s because no one plays bgs anymore.
Heck in legion on the less dominant faction I kept getting in groups with the same quitters that just quit in the 1st min.
I don’t blame people who don’t play bgs anymore, cross realm screwed it up to the point where you get people who ruin your bgs progress for reque self gratification.
BGs are bad all the changes that made them shorter, made it impossible to make comebacks with timers in warsong and reinforcements in av.

1 Like

I hadn’t given the order / release of PvP related activity much thought. But this is about how I would have expected it to roll out.

Without much thought? I concur.

How long will I have to wait for battlegrounds after launch if they release in phase 3? Can we get some battlegrounds in phase 2?

You with that PS crew that blew through here a few days ago?

What is the purpose of not having dishonorable kills when there are no honorable kills? What is the purpose of this sentence?

2 Likes

I honestly do not think many of the current blizzard staff understand just what DHKs were. As evidenced by the part about “free to repeatedly hunt down players”. That freedom was never impinged.

It is akin to a foreigner phonetically singing karaoke, without a clue as to the meaning of the words they are mimicking.

3 Likes

When there’s no PVP system, there’s no dishonorable kills. What would be the point?

“Ooooh I lost honor. That’ll really cut into my 0 kills for the week.”

I imagine that butchering the quote made you confused.

Okay, now imagine if there were DHKs in phase 1.

How is that any different whatsoever?

What “butchering? I literally responded to a specific part of the stuff quoted, and even used the words “the part” to show exactly what I was addressing. “And NPC” is completely separate from the misstatement of “free to repeatedly hunt down players”.

What is wrong with you? Really, what is with this rabid desire to argue anything and everything you see posted?

4 Likes

It’s the two words after “players”. How is it completely separate?

To extrapolate the sentence : “Feel free to repeatedly hunt down every player and NPC”, not just players, because you can’t get DHKs from the NPCs.

I don’t think you are understanding the question. I am not lobbying for any change. I am asking what the purpose of this statement is in the original post.

There are no honorable kills in phase 1. What difference does it make whether or not killing npcs in phase 1 results in dishonorable kills? It seems entirely pointless to me to make this statement. Why should I hunt any more or less in phase 1 on account of dhks?

1 Like

I think you should add it when warsong gulch launches.

Yeah your probably right.

Firstly, I’m assuming you are the same gnome.

Secondly, he’s making the point that there are no negative consequences to butchering whole zones, until Phase 2. Sure, there’s no Honor Gain either, but butchering whole zones is its own reward.

I am not Cubic, for the record.

And I think we are all of the same understanding that DHK serve no purpose in phase 1. I am trying to ascertain why Bornakk seems to suggest that they do… and therefore there is some added benefit that they will not exist.

Methinks this was simply pandering to the ‘No DHK’ crowd. But welcome another reading of it.

I think you are parsing the statement too vigorously. I believe he was just telling us that Phase 1 will be wide open for wPVP - no honor, no dishonor, no rules, if you are so inclined ‘if it’s red it’s dead.’

That’s my opinion.

4 Likes