Classic PvP Content Plan

Bornakk can you comment on Cross-Realm BGs in this update as well? Is this something you’re still pondering? It’s been a heated debate among the community and it’d be nice to put this to rest once and for all.

It’d be nice for us to move onto something else.

34 Likes

Nice nice nice. I had to count the stickied topics a second time that there indeed was news! Good news! The PvP content patches sound to be in good order.

3 Likes

Putting the Battle into Battle for Azeroth!
It’s very good news overall but the PvP items in patch 1.12 were WAY stronger than their 1.4 counterparts… it’s going to be way more lucrative to rank in the game.

11 Likes

No but for real, you guys are doing awesome work. Keep up what you’re doing. Please don’t cave to the 10 people and their alts screaming they won’t play if you don’t give them what they want.

Really looking forward to participating in this project you guys are putting so much care into. Love you Bro-nakk.

21 Likes

Will there be pvp bg weekends from phase 3?

If so, will AB be skipped until phase 4?

Will there still be a blank weekend in the rotation? E.g. 3-week rotation in p3, 4-week in p4?

5 Likes

I wonder what the time delay will be between phase 2 and 3. I don’t recall a significant period of time between the release of honor and BGs in vanilla, so it would be interesting if there was a significant period in Classic. World PvP will be intense if the honor system exists with no BGs to funnel honor junkies into.

1 Like

So like in the original release of the game, taking time to sleep, eat, or use the bathroom will result in between 1 to 4 honor rank demotions.

This is going to be top quality popcorn munching viewing time.

You can look up old patch notes and see where this happened.

Having said that, I do hope the alliance doesnt mind never landing at menethil harbour alive for a few months. Sorry not sorry.

6 Likes

I don’t think Dishonorable Kills should come back.

46 Likes

It’s used to de-rank.

Phase 2 for endgame stats on rank 14 weapons is wayyyyyyy too early. It’s going to be a completely broken system to allow this. Note that top guilds will literally conglomerate as many rank 14s under their umbrella as possible and the power difference will make it be impossible to compete against. Not to mention that those players will be able to stomp others in open world or battlegrounds as well.

Phase 3 would have been a much safer option for this aspect.

24 Likes

At least we get a period where they don’t exist. I would prefer that DHKs be delayed until phase 3, though.

2 Likes

wish it were tracking honor from phase 1, i’d love to compete for top ranks before bgs become the only way to compete. o well, at least theres a phase at all without them

wait, somehow i didnt process bgs don’t get added till phase 3, so phase 2 exists which is exactly what i wanted lol

2 Likes

Would it be possible to say anything about the pre-1.4 and post-1.4 epic mounts? Their removal and inclusion were an important part of the Honor System patch and I would like to know more about how they will work, if the unarmored epic mounts get added in at the start instead of the armored ones, if they’ll replace the armored mounts for all of Vanilla or just until Phase 2 or 3, etc.

5 Likes

Sure, but there must be a better way to do this than having 40 hours of honor grinding burned because a newbie in your city raid stabbed the bread vendor.

10 Likes

1.5 AV please. I like my epic war sim.

49 Likes

Ugg, the crap version of Alterac Valley :frowning: Well there goes my incentive to participate in that…

28 Likes

Not even scared. I’ve cleaned out my old poop sock and mummy has been instructed to provide adequate tendie platters and Dewy upon request.

11 Likes

Looks okay but the AV crowd won’t be very pleased.

But it seems they are quite hell bent on the 1.12 version since he keeps pointing out that it WILL be 1.12 version.
Too bad for those who love the earlier versions.
Don’t care myself won’t be playing it anyway most likely.

2 Likes

Don’t bring a newbie or be a better leader.

2 Likes