Classic needs PTR Servers

The client code, does not even work well on a modern PC
I dont know why you keep harping on code when everyone’s grandmother knows it is neither the client or host legacy code, because one flat out does not work well if at all, depending on hardware.

And the other is devoid of a whole lot of newer backend features like security and has other issues.

But, they are there and functioning, to validate against and reference functionality the entire way.

And they had the original data set, intact and complete.
The format had to change, because it is not used anymore, but the data remains the same.

Want to try again?

1 Like

Wrong game if you are looking for balance.

Balance you must have, mm yes, or to the dark…
Oh wait, you’re right, wrong game.

Sorry, wrong hallway

Unfortunately, it’s already a problem with changes/fixes (months after reported) going live even though they’re not addressing the problems.

Additionally, to add insult to injury, there’s not a single chance they would add PTR’s to Classic. Basically, they want the game to run itself, with little to no input from their side.

I’d welcome the idea as well, but we’re beating a dead horse when it comes to Activision.

Huh? :thinking:

Have a few drinks tonight have we…

Sorry bud but blizzard gets a ton of feedback on retail ptr for the last few xpacs.

They will still implement what they see fit and make a change if they get a ton of feedback on live.

Face it we are paying to play a live ptr.

No, accidentally walked down the SWG hall.

A dataset is not the game code. It is the database that details information such as items, spells, NPC location. But you obviously have no idea how code, datasets, and clients actually work and I have better things to do than explain it to you.

Nice try, please play again next time.

You do realize all other people have to do is click that little arrow, right?

Why classic is what it is?!?

No.The games 15 years old and just about every single thing is known.

The only positive is it will take testers away from practising on private servers.

That was Vanilla.

Classic is a new game based on Vanilla.

Technically it doesn’t even use real vanilla mechanics; they’re mechanics and items based on Vanilla WoW.

I would say more, but this should illustrate my point.

IIRC, there was PTR for blackwing lair

Dude, it is no use trying to explain to Gythriel. He is under some delusion that the game is running Vanilla code and I have tried to explain it. He even linked that same post as some evidence that Classic is the same code as Vanilla.

As you can see by his responses, it is no use trying to explain it to him.

1 Like

No, that is some delusion you are having, you have selective reading issues, but feel free to carry on.

Just move along, the grown ups are having a conversation.

Oh how neat, do tell

Let’s catalog them and push to revert.

If you replaced vanilla with private server, this would be a truer statement.

Wasn’t talking about them, but also true.

Tho, it only took me a single day on a private server to realize they’re more accurate in regard to how we remember the game actually playing.

Some things are going to be inaccurate because lack of info.

1 Like