🛑 “Classic” is not Vanilla

Stop calling Vanilla “Classic”

No one is ever going to play Vanilla again, It’s impossible. besides a time machine

We are going to play Classic, a very similar and amazing product. Thus changes are inevitable in 2019. Some changes more controversial then others

Classic and Vanilla are two totally different things. Please stop calling Vanilla “Classic” when discussing each other.

Thank you

That is all :v:

17 Likes

I am old school Vanilla is playing with out Add-Ons and Classic is a modern term xD

3 Likes

Bruh. People are just mixing the two in common conversation. Has nothing to do with people thinking Classic is Vanilla.

14 Likes

Agree with this. Arguments for or against things because they were in Vanilla is silly. Vanilla was a particular point in time in WoW’s history that included the MMO Zeitgeist, the player base, the common internet speeds, hardware, and company mindset. It’s never going to happen again. The economy of the servers, the meta, and the general feel will be vastly different this time around.

We need to stop with the nonsense of pretending like this is some sort of bit for bit reconstitution of something when the reality is that it’s similarities are skin deep at best.

2 Likes

When I become billionaire & king of the World. I will personally ensure WoW Vanilla is remade pixel by pixel.

7 Likes

omg not this again

6 Likes

I agree with OP. For ease of reference:

• “Classic” - refers to the upcoming product from Blizzard. The goal of Classic is to reproduce the Vanilla Experience, but Classic itself is NOT Vanilla.
  • “Vanilla” - refers to pre-expansion World of Warcraft from 2004-2006. Vanilla is no longer available to play.
2 Likes

Can’t happen. You’ll have to go get every player that played Vanilla then, many of whom are dead now, erase all of their memories of the game, then put them on the exact same computer with the exact same internet speed… get the exact same drops that happened in the game to happen again… :slight_smile:

are we really going to go through this again? Do you guys even know the history of this project and why they are making it a museum piece? It’s ment to be a vanilla server to be playable today from early 2000s. A place where private server people can come to officially instead of them playing on illegal servers. Do i have to link the Mark Kern video of petitions again that this was answering to? lol

1 Like

You’re right, chocolate is better.

2 Likes

classic vanilla. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Some people just want to believe this is new thing they can mold and bend suggestions to blizzard to make it as customized as possible.

That right there will make people that love vanilla go back to playing private servers.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Wrong, I plan to simulate them with AI. Vanilla will be a single player game only for me.

Ah so you are that guy huh…

1 Like

How about “I’ll call it whatever I want”?

7 Likes

LMAO
/10char

2 Likes

people think the same game that only had 200,000 at launch in 2004 will be the same thing in aug