Classic Is Coming Sooner Than We Think - Hear Me Out

Well apparently people have reasons to believe we will be getting at least some type of news tomorrow. Supposedly something big.

Love the hype even if it doesn’t happen tomorrow.
I can’t imagine it will be too much longer regardless, if they are looking at a summer release.

One thing that I still couldn’t get it clear whether they announced or not:

The classes had some big additions and changes through the whole lifecycle of Vanilla… For example, bears didn’t have Frenzied Regen or Dire Bear form at first… Or mass buff spells weren’t a thing until some point later…

The balancing part of Vanilla will be delivered whole in its release or we’ll have to deal with broken specs until they drop the fixes with their scheduled “patches”?

They said they are going with 1.12 as it is the most complete version of vanilla. We are not getting older talents or abilities.

1 Like

Ah, okay! Didn’t see that in specific, thanks.

This Blue post covers the plan.

My prediction’s have pretty much stayed the same. Only exception being the bonus tinfoil hat one I threw out about June 1st.
I agree with Caltheon that we will be getting a release a much sooner than a lot of the forum dwellers with game development knowledge seem to suggest. For example in my post I was told that anyone who guesses a release date before June 30 is wrong. Lol I wonder how many people still believe that. xD

1 Like

Well you got MrGM tweeting i pic of a vanilla coke with the caption, “I think I will drink this on Wednesday.”

So theres that
Just gimme a date!!!

1 Like

August is nearly Fall June July and August is summer. June would be great.

August is hardly nearly fall. 2/3rds of September is summer. And only the last week of June is summer.

I could see them doing a surprise release of the actual game if for no other reason than it will help them alleviate pressure on servers as many people won’t be around to be online, so that will get the initial rush split up a lot more.

Surprise launches may be the new thing anyway after Apex Legends.

They also don’t have to care about letting everyone start at the same time for racing/world first nonsense because it’s a 15 year old game and you’re not first even when you are.

Scientifically. But in popular culture, Summer is largely defined as June-August. And the scientific argument won’t stop Blizzard from getting internet-murdered if it comes out in September. With Blizzard’s stock price plummeting over the last year and shareholders wondering wtf, I would think that they would want to avoid releasing it that late and getting internet-murdered.

Popular culture? LOL, I don’t even know what that means.

Summer this year is June 21st to September 23rd. In the latest earnings call, they said Classic is dropping in the second half of the year. That begins July 1st, so they eliminated the last week of June.

As of right now, according to Blizzard, the current release date window is July 1st to September 23rd.

I predict release during the week of Halloween or the first week of November. Based on my posting history, you can see that I am almost always right.

Look it up in the dictionary. Summer is commonly understood to be June-August. But it can also be defined astronomically as solstice to equinox. Either definition is correct. But most people think of June-August as the Summer months. And Sept-Nov as Fall.

merriam-webster. com/dictionary/summer

Dictionary? LOL, I don’t even know what that means.

What does one do when he needs to look up the definition of “dictionary?” You’re screwd.

3 Likes

Obviously I know what it means. But people being wrong doesn’t validate anything.

Summer is June 21st to September 23rd. The current release window is July 1st to September 23rd.

Those are statements of fact.

“Summer is June through August” is also an equally factual statement. Meteorologists and the majority of the common folk define it as June-August. Astronomers define it as solstice to equinox. Neither are wrong.

en.wikipedia. org/wiki/summer

I would argue that the more commonly understood definition is more important here, because if it’s not out by the end of August, people will be pissed. Astronomers are not the primary audience. So a September release is probably less likely.

They didnt ascribe dates in that call. You did. 2nd half could have been fiscal year.