Classic Hunter Returns?

Maybe in Beta, It wasn’t in Pre-BC though is what I’m saying.

Focus was a bad idea then, still a bad idea now.

I don’t disagree, and probably more like Alpha. Hunter weren’t in Beta until 0.9, believe they had mana by that point. That guy is just technically correct, which I think is what his joke was based around.

Patch 0.9 patch notes
Hunters
The Hunter Class is now available to test! Hunters track, tame, and slay all manner of animals and beasts found in the wild. Whether they rely on bows or firearms, Hunters consider their weapons and pets to be their only true friends. Races allowed to become Hunters are the Night Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Tauren, and Troll.

Hunters are great for pulling monsters as they are able to set traps that hinder monsters that the Hunters pull to attack. Hunters are also able to use various beast-related special abilities, take on bestial traits that give them supernatural powers, control and tame beasts, and use a wide variety of ranged attacks complimented by a few melee abilities.

Hunters are closely related to their pets and must remember to always keep their pet’s happiness in mind. When using a pet, Hunters will notice an icon in the top left corner of their screen that depicts their pet’s happiness. The more Hunters use their pets, the lower their pet’s level of happiness will become. Hunters should always remember to feed their pets to raise their pet’s level of happiness or worry about their pet abandoning them or even attacking the Hunter! Hunters are also the only class able to name their pets.

The Hunter can use the following weapons: Axes, Daggers, Guns or Bows, Crossbows (with training), Fist Weapons (with training), Spears (with training), Staves (with training), Swords, (with training), Thrown (with training), Two-Handed Axes (with training), Two-Handed Swords (with training). The Hunter can use the following armor: Cloth, Leather, Shields, and Mail (at level 40, with training).

To be pedantic, WoW Beta hunters used Focus in very early development. However, it only regenerated when standing still, and was eventually scrapped because of balancing issues.

WoW Vanilla, in terms of actual launch, never had Focus. It’s technically accurate to say they used it in early development, but not during Vanilla as an official retail environment.

That said, it’s a technicality. I think mana makes more sense anyway (including for modern, in which I play a hunter but would prefer mana).

The real question for me is, “Are pet attack speeds dynamic”? In the demo, they were all nerfed down to 2.0 attack speed.

Ask Joana, he’s in beta and answers questions on his stream.

So this means all weapons are hunter weapons again!!!