Classic honor reset

New to pvp - I was under the impression that honor reset and ranking happened during Tuesday maintenance but it doesn’t appear to have happened for my char. Have I missed something?

The honor update will go through at some point on Tuesday, but not right at server restart.

TK

Sometimes it takes a while for it to hit all characters, and not everybody always gets updated at the same time. You could try posting in the “Classic General Discussion” to see if there’s any more specific information. You should get it sometime within the next few hours.

Also, there’s rating decay every week, so if you only PvP a little, the progress and decay can sometimes basically cancel each other out.

So,
Classic Pvp Rank - I thought I understood the system well enough but it is obvious now that I do not.
I held my standing for 3 weeks in a row at 67. I made some slow but steady progress towards rank 12. One week my bar barely moved, but this I expected. But this week I made a big improvement in my honor totals and my standing to 47 - a 20 spot jump but LOST a significant amount on my Rank/honor bar - it went from about 80% full to like 40% full. I thought I would have gained a good amount with a 20 place jump in standing? No?

So Blizz has figured out a way to make putting in the time grinding and Improving = a big LOSS.
I just don’t get how this works - thought I did, but do not … can anyone explain?
(also Arivar is my Retail toon not my Classic pvp character - I have a lvl 60 mage in Classic - the classic toon is the one I am writing about)

Yeah, that’s one of the big downfalls in the vanilla honor system, and that’s why people coordinate the ranking at the higher levels. The amount of honor needed to rank up at those ranks is pretty crazy. That does sound like a pretty sizable decrease from what you could have expected week-to-week. There may have been some differences in the size of the pool, or the honor gained by other players in the various rank brackets. My guess is that the size of the overall pool was smaller for your server this week than it was last week, but that’s just a guess.

The Classic General section will probably have people who can explain the system more in-depth. It sounds strange to suggest this, but there’s probably a discord for rankers on your server, and it might be worth at least poking around in there to see what you can see, maybe get some answers, maybe you’ll find some cool people to play with, too.

1 Like

Thanks, that may be it … I didn’t think about an over all pool size decrease …
Much appreciated.