[Classic] Help regarding rogue macro

Hi guys, I made a riposte and sinister strike macro. However the icon only shows riposte. I would like the icon to show riposte when it procs if not then show sinister strike icon. Would appreciate if u guys could help me with this.

/cast riposte
/cast sinister strike

I don’t believe there’s a way to get the #showtooltip to work on conditions like ability procs/availability.
Personally, I throw the abilities that I want to monitor for procs/timers on the side bar, without keybinds.
Others have used addons in the past such as lightmymacro, or Power Auras Classic: Buttons.

Now whether or not you can find a working version of those addons, I do not know. Classic isn’t actually run off the old client, so finding archived versions of those addons for 1.12 likely will not work, and neither of the addons have been updated since 2015.

Edit: I think your best off just leaving your macro as it is, since you are able to spam SS with it, and it auto uses Riposte for you when available. Annoying that you cannot set it to show the proc though.

Found this on classic.wowhead

/script U,P,C=UnitMana,“Player”,CastSpellByName
/script I,G=IsUsableAction,GetActionCooldown
/script if (U§>=9) and (I(YourKeybind)) and (G(YourKeybind)==0) then C(“Riposte”);end;
/cast Sinister Strike
Basically, it uses riposte whenever it is available. So, while you are spamming ss, you’ll automatically use riposte. Have fun!

[eXhaustedHF] 2019/08/30 (Classic)
hello from 2019 :slight_smile: CastSpellByName is not longer available, so no macro anymore :frowning:

/cast [modifier:shift] Sinister Strike ; Riposte

I do not know macro well at all, but maybe this can help some…

I use

/castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals

This will cast Herbs on first click, which then changes the icon to the mineral. Next click minerals pop on minimap and icon in action bars to herbs.

I also do one with Find Treasure added.

No clue how this might help with procs, but…