Classic for everyone how?

So how does one get the classic ptr? believe it started today for everyone to try it out but how do we download it?

Thought it started on the 21st?

In the BNET App, click WoW, and right above the big ‘Play’ button, hit the dropdown menu and select “Beta & Stress Test” at the top of the list.

It’s available to DOWNLOAD right now, but it doesn’t open until tomorrow @ 2PM PDT IIRC. The “official” stress test period is 2-5pm that day, but the server itself will stay open for 48 hours.

ya im not seeing that just PTR

Try restarting the App. Perhaps it just needs to update or something. That or they’re rolling it out in chunks for some reason.

ya just tried that, guess ill try again later

Source? If you put a space in the link, I’ll fix it and repost it for you with trust level 3 (if you don’t have it.) I haven’t seen anything on this yet, but have been itching to try out the beta. I missed the last stress test invite cause I had to work. If it’s tomorrow though, I might cut out a little early to play some.

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1140667633127309313

(The time listed there should be YOUR timezone, rather than PDT, the preview text messes that up)

1 Like

Thank you!

I will give you a source. Me.

I am usually the last to know - and I know about it.

I don’t use twitter and rarely go to the front page for Blizz, the forums are generally my source of information when it comes to relevant crap in the game. Either there’s a massive uproar which gets my attention or a thread like this asking a question. :man_shrugging:

Make sure you are opted in for the beta test as well.

If you’re more interested in actually seeing the (limited) stress test beta rather than just straining their login servers, I’d suggest not leaving work early for it. The server is open for 48 hours, but the first 5 or so are going to be a total nightmare and you likely won’t be able to get in, and if you do get in the chance of DCing is high.

During the first one, which -didn’t- allow everyone to participate, I couldn’t get in during the stress test period, so I just hopped on late at night instead.

1 Like

Im the same way. Thats why if I heard about, everyone else already knows its gonna happen.

I have 0 interest in Classic btw.

Fair enough. Thank you for the heads up. I’ll factor it into my day tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll take note of the login issues and remedy them before it goes live. :+1:

I don’t understand why they’d do it in the middle of the day on a weekday. I guess they want to test out their servers only on the unemployed.

2pm - 5pm PST = 5pm - 8pm EST

Nearly half the US is experiencing the after work hours.

1 Like

it’s 4pm my time and will stay open for 48 hours. you wouldn’t want to be in the first few hours, anyway, it’s almost unplayable.

I just woke up a little bit ago, it’s around 8am my time. This is the first I’ve heard of it. :man_shrugging: I’m excited they’re doing it when I may actually have time this go around though.

To each their own. I’m actually quite looking forward to it. So burnt out on current content my brain is leaking out of my ears.

2 Likes