Classic Era Fresh

Looking for a re-re-release of classic WoW.

None of this “Season of Mastery” Dev sandbox stuff. The 30 year olds want to play their favorite game, again, without any changes. Start with 5 servers and watch the demand rise well beyond expectations (again).

For those that say “there’s already too many classic era servers that are empty” - please educate yourself on critical thinking skills. WoW is a temporary, living, breathing phenomenon that has a beginning and an end. We’re asking for a new beginning. A phase 1 experience onwards. Same patch cadence, same release schedule as 2019. Keep it simple, keep it classic.

Thank you.

37 Likes

I do not see them doing this until after wrath. And I can tell you it won’t be 5 servers.

Everlook is the only vanilla option coming up at the moment if you can’t wait till “classic 2”

6 Likes

I would play it but after wrath. Only need one pvp and one pve server though.

3 Likes

Agreed 100% but good luck explaining this

3 Likes

This 30ish year old would agree. I’ll take anything I can get.

3 Likes

This is perhaps not one of the best things to include in an appeal for others to agree with your statement.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some things need to be said.

2 Likes

education is good. fresh is good.

4 Likes

I’m an education enjoyer

1 Like

Ain’t happening till after wrath. Everlook is an identical option to original. And that’s all we have till wrath is over

2 Likes

A private server is simply not an option anymore, for myself, and probably most people serious about spending their time in classic for various reasons. It’s a thought not worth entertaining and this is not the place to advertise it.

2 Likes

Okay. Then you can wait for permanent 1.12 classic. It’ll be a while, if at all. I reckon 21 thousand people not counting china don’t take the server seriously. Enlighten me of any further knowledge you hold of this

1 Like

My problem with private servers is that I’m now addicted to the new client with the improved vanilla graphics and textures

3 Likes

Right? Stormwind looks better than ever.

1 Like

Virtually nobody wants classic fresh. I’ll be very surprised if we see another classic fresh ever. It’s not practical. SOM was a failure because blizzard doesn’t really understand what players want from the game, but the general idea of altering the state of the game was correct.

I’ll tell you what version of classic fresh would be most successful, and players like you will hate it, but it’s the truth.

Instant level 60’s.
Ore/Herbs all over the place. Everyone should be able to farm stacks of whatever they want easily. Maybe even revamp the profession system entirely and make it more compelling.
Arena’s
Rated BG’s

Harder Raid Content that doesn’t rely on excessive use of consumes. Instant World Buffs when you enter a raid(or class tuning to make them more fun to play without world buffs).

Only one or two servers max. Yeah, that’d work. Fresh classic though would fall on it’s face. The version of the game I just proposed would stay active for a bit, and carry more players than SOM, but even then it would still likely lose interest over time.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be cool if we had classic fresh servers though?

3 Likes

You made the claim Classic has a set expiration date. It sounds like the private server experience is exactly what you want. Your options are to play Classic Era or pirate it.

3 Likes

I’d play it

3 Likes

Ya, simple rerelease of classic would be great. Not sure I agree on that many servers tho, I feel 1 pvp 1 pve for NA with servers sitting central US would be ideal

5 Likes

I wonder with modern technology if being on the east coast and playing on the west coast makes it much different.