Classic Era Battle Royale

Just an idea that came up in Classic Discord.

Rules:

• Max party of 5 a team
  • games would be an hour (maybe 2?)
  • Instant 60 transported randomly into the world (maybe restrict to one side of azeroth randomly) with epic mount and all flight paths
  • Random Bosses appear in the world (which can be tuned for 5 mans) drop raid level gear
  • Random chests in the world contains random items (gear/consumes)
  • Can loot items of player corpses
  • Wall of light closes in on random location to push people towards a final battle
  • wining team each gets to choose 1 piece of item they can transfer to classic era servers (incentivise c/era)
1 Like

Way back in the days of Vanilla, Blizzard’s QA team would roll out these QA servers for the community to test upcoming content changes. These were called Public Test Realms.

They often had the option of either cloning your live character over, or for raid tests like during the Naxxramas PTR days, they’d give you a pre-generated full Tier 2 character ready to jump right into the mosh pit of death!

I, among many others, LOVED taking these pre-generated characters into the Battlegrounds like Alterac Valley to get a taste of power most may not be able to achieve. It was super fun! Of course, if the QA focus was on raiding and not PVP, we weren’t really contributing much. Eventually the pre-generated character copies were completely ditched.

I would love to see something like that again. It wouldn’t deter people from enjoying their easy going journey on the regular realms, but it would provide a place for people who want to get in some quick skirmishes who can’t otherwise.

1 Like

they probably stopped it for that very reason, they don’t want people tasting all that power without investing hundreds of hours into the game lol

I would play this.