Classic Druid Travel [combat] Macro help

I have been trying to get the following macro to work for hours and for some reason I cannot make it work.

/cast [noform:3,combat]Cat Form;[nocombat,outdoors]Travel Form
/cancelform

I want the macro to cast Cat Form if I am in combat (outside) and Travel Form when I am outside and not in combat. It seems simple enough, I just can’t figure out where I am going wrong. The macro will shift me into Travel form and back to caster form, but will not put me in Cat form when I am in combat. I can make a simplified version that works:

“/cast [noform:3,indoor] Cat Form;[outdoors]Travel Form”

but as soon as I add the “combat” conditional it breaks and will only shift into Travel Form. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and this is for Classic if that makes any difference.

Syntax looks correct assuming 3 is the correct form. Try deleting it and re-creating it.

Might also want to place the cancelform on the fist line.

Yes, cat form is 3 and Travel form is 4.

I have tried remaking this macro several times and for some reason it just will not work no matter what I do.

I moved /cancelform to the beginning and still the same thing happens. It just endlessly shifts to Travel Form, combat status makes no difference.

edit: if I remove both of the combat conditionals so the macro reads:

/cast [noform:3]Cat Form;[outdoors]Travel Form

then it will only shift in and out of Cat Form, never Travel Form.

Try this

#showtooltip
/cast [outdoors,nocombat] Travel Form; Cat Form
1 Like

I just tried this on my classic druid and it works for me.

1 Like

This does work, Thank you! however, I feel really dumb now because after reading that Sharinthia tried my macro on her Classic Druid and it worked for her it made me wonder if I was the problem with the macro and not the macro itself. Low and behold…the problem was PEBKAC. :crazy_face:

Here’s what was happening, when testing the “Combat” status, I was finding a hostile mob, right clicking on it so my character showed the crossed swords indicating “in combat,” but I stayed away from it so the mob wouldn’t actually attack me. My thought was if I did this, the macro would see that as being “in combat” for testing purposes without needing to actually fight a mob. Apparently this is not considered “in combat” when it comes to macros.

I just went and checked the macro again while actually being engaged with a mob and it does indeed work as intended! :man_facepalming:

So yea, I wasted like 3 hours or more trying to figure out why my macro wouldn’t work and it was all because I needed to actually be fighting for the combat status to be considered “true”.

Thank you both for your help! Sometimes it’s the smallest hint that makes the biggest difference! You guys rock!

Ya, all that does is toggle on your auto attack.

When in doubt, slap a training dummy.