Classic DPS calculator

Greetings!
A few days ago I released an early beta of my web-based DPS calculator,
Unfortunately, it had some negative comments on Reddit from persons who don’t know what means “early beta”.

What do you think? Should I continue development?
Link: Greetings!
A few days ago I released an early beta of my web-based DPS calculator,
Unfortunately, it had some negative comments on Reddit from persons who don’t know what means “early beta”.

What do you think? Should I continue development?
Link:

classicgamecrafter. github. io

Think we already got one here which is

It has 1.1 talents and 1.12 hope that helps!

Looks like you copy pasted your post one too many times. Makes me question your dev skills.

That’s a talent calculator. I believe the OP is going for a DPS calculator.

… Oh duh, reading is hard.

NBD. Happens to us all.

What he’s got going looks to be something of a simulator - pick the gear, pick race, pick buffs the player would have, and see how all that impacts the potential damage output. (No clue where it is pulling data from, and I only saw warrior, which fits with it being something just being put together.)

https://classicgamecrafter.github.io/

Is the link for those curious it’s a pretty neat site.

No prev posts. :wink:

True.

Anywho, seems like you got something going there. I’ll be interested to check it out once you have more classes.

Any plans to do HPS calculations or calculations on how long it’ll take for a healer to go OOM or anything like that?

1 Like

As somebody who has wanted a DPS calculator but is too lazy to code it myself, I wholeheartedly support people who aren’t me developing such a tool.

What you’ve got there is a nice foundation. I’d say keep going.

3 Likes

Yeah, in future plans there is to add more classes and more roles(HPS mode, Heal till OOM, survivability mode, TPS mode, etc).
Just want to see if people are interested in this.

1 Like

If it’s done well absolutely people will be interested. I don’t think anything like this exists as far as I’m aware.

I don’t think theory crafting spreadsheets were a thing vanilla. I don’t think an app is really doable. Unless you parsed the database files and import them in some how.

A webapp is probably the best option.

Well, that’s pretty doable :wink: