Classic Countdown Thread

Nah, learning to kite was mandatory for hunters when their pet died. Now kiting while not running into mobs is the tricky part.

Eyes of the Beast and having to feed pets makes me stupidly happy.

4 Likes

Oh - not exactly that kind of kiting.

Kiting Hogger to Goldshire
Kiting dragonkin to Stormwind
Kiting Stitches to Booty Bay
Kiting the dragon in Tanaris to Org

That kind of kiting.

2 Likes

Oh look - it put me on an alt for that reply. Thanks Blizz forums…

I’m ready to dive headfirst into all of the old dungeons that were gutted in later xpacs. Many of them (WC, Scholo, DM, etc) felt more like 5man raids than what we consider dungeons now.

I’m ready for Legends of the Sunken Temple. If I could only figure out the order of the parts to that statue.

Just ask Olmec, bro.

1 Like

This is all I could hear while reading this.

The Civilisation of the Olmecs, or Olmec Donald who had a farm?

(I know it’s Old McDonald don’t roast me too hard, I’m already dead)

2 Likes
1 Like

S, N,
SW, SE,
NW, NE

1 Like

Kiting Jaina to Org

1 Like

Oooh, yeah hopefully that sort of kiting will be around it was really a uniquely Classic thing.

Really hope they allow the blood plague to happen again.

Did mobs just aggro forever in Classic or something? Man, that’s intense!

1 Like

Figuring out how to make gigantic mobs attack cities qualified as its own olympic sport back in the day.

Nah it’s not the war campaign, you have to have the meta achievement for completing every quest on Kul Tiras. That’s a loooot more than an hours worth of questing.

Yeah a lot of the mobs didn’t leash including flight masters until a guild I was in held the theramore flight master hostage in the barrens all day. Jerk move yes, but really funny especially noting that GMs intervened and struck down the flightmasters. Pretty sure they put them on a leash after that.

https://www.engadget.com/2006/12/10/were-in-your-docks-kidnapping-your-flightmaster/

1 Like

Guessing the answer is ‘no’ before I even ask, but has anyone heard if GMs will occasionally appear in-game on the Classic servers like in ye olden days?

If they don’t, it will not complete the experience.

BLIZZ MAKE IT HAPPEN FAM

1 Like

Morning, everybody! Four days!

It’s funny to me how many people say they responded with a resounding “meh” when Classic was announced but are feeling more excited about it as it draws closer.

2 Likes

It’s like with anything new.

I’m excited to play the Horde stuff. I was Alliance back then.