Classic Countdown Thread

Did target dummies even exist in vanilla? I remember using rats in the deeprun tram to level weapons…

1 Like

Practicing your DPS rotation. They don’t exist in vanilla.

Like what?

One of the things I am most looking forward to is a closed realm again, but not if it sucks.

ED players are already proclaiming the server is “their server” so take from that what you will.

1 Like

It’s already my server, though… so, they can’t claim it. Cuz I did. Already. Before. Also, you’re all welcome to join me.

2 Likes

ED players don’t scare me. They never “terraformed” WrA, so I’m not too worried about them on Grob. A lot of them are also RPers, so that works out :slight_smile:

What I’d be more concerned about is straight up griefers, but I don’t think we’ll see a lot of that right out the gate. And the streamers aren’t going to that server, so we’re safe from that nonsense.

2 Likes

I was wondering that but I think they mean the engineering toy??

Otherwise, yah the target dummies in cities I don’t think came around until Wrath?

I leveled up my unarmed on poor critters and unsuspecting boars in Durotar by slapping them all to death with my gross dead hands.

2 Likes

I joined my first guild at lvl 10 back in January '05. I was questing through Tirisfal and as I was running through Brill, I saw a congregation of about 20 people in the Brill graveyard. They were the Champions of Lordaeron. I attended our weekly guild meeting in that graveyard every Tuesday for four years. Afterward we would head out to run dungeons or head to the Gallows End to hangout. I cannot wait to see Brill in it’s original state once more.

2 Likes

The people who are unabashedly excited to use Classic as a hunting grounds for bullying and harassment are going there in large numbers.

Like people who straight up talk about how they can’t wait to “show all the snowflakes what real gamers looked like back in the day”.

Edit: I think more people like that are going to Herod than Grob. So we’ll see how it goes. For the sake of my fellow RPers who are going to Grob, I hope it isn’t a situation where you have to tolerate a lot of crap just to find the fun in it.

1 Like

Also remember that using intellect buffs (potion, scroll, mage buff, etc) make weapon skills level faster!

Oh heck, you’re right. There’s always dueling to level weapon skills though, all you need is another bored friend.

Yeah, this is the only part of Classic that concerns me, swarms of locust trying to destroy any fun people are having by feeling they can be the ‘lore police’ and get digital butt pats from other nasty people.

I remember back in the day, a group of us went into ZF and punched everything to death to get our unarmed skill.

1 Like

Pretty much that, but… worse. There’s also been talk about people specifically targeting LGBT people? But less so for Glob than Herod.

Herod is gonna be a s***show

1 Like

Yeah everything I’ve seen and heard tells me Herod is going to be a literal waking nightmare, where sadbois go to feel powerful.

Is herod where the streamers are going?

As far as I know, yes.

I think Faerlina is where the major streamers are going to be.

3 Likes

I heard Asmongold was going to Herod because his fans liked that it was an anagram for “Horde”.

Yup. And let me tell you, Herod people are PISSED about it.

I dislike being on the streamer server about as much as the next guy, but that’s untrue.

http://avoidstreamers.com/