Classic Content Plan

World bosses are coming with phase 2 and there’s absolutely no chance that Blizzard will release world bosses while there’s still layering. As of right now, almost all servers are far too populated to have layering removed

you ever seen blizzard act logicly? phas4e will still happen with layering and we the income will have to bare with it

1 Like

This is cute and all… but add BG’s or I’m canceling my sub… I Only Sub’ed to re-live classic BG’s… already 60, already bored AF. I don’t care about re-doing raids I clear 100+ times as almost every class. Not a single bit actually.

Add BG’s or lose subs, simple.

5 Likes

This is so obvious it’s pathetic. Just need everyone to drop subs real quick… World of WARcraft without BG’s or AT LEAST honor system is real just “WORLD OF CRAFT”…

I didn’t sub to play “World of Craft”, and I’m 100% not continue past first month sub without BG’s.

7 Likes

There’s no PvP in Classic?

Was going to try it out for just that but if they seriously dont have it im not bothering with Classic.

2 Likes

pvp is gonna be implemented, they already announced it. this post is outdated

i really wanna know what is gonna be the final tier set we gonna have, T3 maybe? they gonna update classic until later phases of it, right before TBC? if that is the case, druids gonna have tree forms?

Please consider a basic appearance change service. Would love to pay for an appearance change (could have a 1month+ cooldown) on my lvl60 character, really don’t want to re-roll but now having spent so much time there are some things I would love to change about my appearance (hairstyle and skin color) :frowning:

would like to see bgs sooner =/

2 Likes

" Since we broke down the six phases of content that we’ll be rolling out for Classic, we’ve heard the increase in requests for PvP details so we wanted to get you up to speed on our plans there.

As was the case when World of Warcraft originally launched in 2004, there won’t be a formal PvP system in WoW Classic at the outset. You’ll still be able to PvP, of course, and there will be no Dishonorable Kills, so you’ll be free to repeatedly hunt down every player and NPC in, say, Stranglethorn Vale to your stealthy heart’s content.

That’ll change once phase 2 rolls around and we add the Honor System, which will introduce Honorable Kills, Dishonorable Kills, and PvP Rank Rewards. The items you earn from the PvP Rank Rewards will be the versions from patch 1.12. Keep in mind though, just as it did originally, it will require a substantial time investment to rank up through the Honor System. For those interested in the Rank Rewards, earning epic gear will require consistent dedication over a long period of time as a top contributor on your realm. We don’t expect to see many people running around with these items early on, but we’re certain Hillsbrad Foothills will still see its fair share of action!

In the third phase, we’ll introduce the first Battlegrounds: Alterac Valley (version 1.12 ) and Warsong Gulch, alongside with their associated vendors. One thing to note is that there were a couple of updates to these vendors over the course of the original patch releases, so some items won’t be available right away. For example, the Spell Penetration trinkets available from the Warsong Gulch vendor weren’t introduced until Patch 1.9, so we’re currently thinking that we’ll add these in phase 5.

The Arathi Basin Battleground will follow in phase 4, along with its specific vendor. It’ll be interesting to see how many people stay behind to guard the flag. :wink:

Finally, in phase 6, we’ll have the world PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands, which will come out at the same time as Naxxramas.

Here’s what the PvP content looks like mapped to the phases we recently posted about:

Phase 1 (WoW Classic Launch)

• You can PvP one another in the world, but there is no tracking, and no formal rewards for doing so.

Phase 2

• Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
  • PvP Rank Rewards

Phase 3

Phase 4

• Arathi Basin

Phase 6

• World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands

As we mentioned before, we haven’t yet determined exactly when each of the content phases will occur but we’ll keep you updated as they draw closer.

We’re here reading what you have to say, so we wanted to thank all of you for your feedback and discussions about Classic. Keep it going!"

Blue post i found from about 20 seconds of Google.

I’m really interested in the whole layering removal. I play on a “medium” pop realm and the mob competition is very high during prime hours. I can’t even imagine what this would be like if/when they remove it. Excited/a bit worried to see how this is all handled.

2 Likes

Ours is High for the good majority of the day. When they remove layering is the day it will become unplayable and extremely high stress for 30%+ of the open world quests. And asking to join for a group for a silly kill quest is like pulling teeth. If it’s a quest you need to get X amount of items off the mob to return to quest giver, forget about it.

Mods, improvements and changes are fine. Just keep it very different from the retail version. I forgot how much fun the classic version was. I am in no hurry to get to 60. When I do, I will start another toon,

2 Likes

Fortunately a lot of guilds are not utilizing DPS meters as (you aren’t good enough) but more as a tool to see if there is something wrong that needs to be addressed.

For example, in the guild I am in, we might see each class DPS within a certain range of numbers, and as long as raid content is getting cleared we aren’t too concerned with it.

We also have a class or 2 in which they should be performing better than our tanks, but aren’t. This gives us the opportunity to give constructive feedback to those raid members and help them improve.

I would rather work with folks that have positive attitudes and willingness to learn and grow, but we also aren’t a min/max guild and support many specs and play styles as long as they can play them well.

Overall I do not see any issues with using these “tools” and if you find yourself in more of a hard core guild that requires strict high end DPS or they use it to determine who gets dps loot first, etc, then maybe you are in the wrong guild.

4 Likes

really hope im 60 b4 ahn’qiraj hits

this is my classic character :smiley:

me 2

(10 char)

Lol phase 2 wont make me come back if i stop… could care less about world pvp, they really need to redo release schedule, we need more raids

We need Battle grounds like… NOW. screw following the release schedule of a 14 year old game and just give us all the content that was in the game before TBC released.

But battle grounds needs to be pushed out now.

3 Likes

I pretty much agree with this its been a month phase 2 should be out now with honor system but its not.

Leveling alts is very boring because there isn’t anything to do while leveling to max besides professions and people have been using layering to avoid pvp on pvp servers.
Battlegrounds should be released either right now seeing how we haven’t gotten phase 2 yet which isn’t a huge raid patch and probably should be released much sooner then the rest.

If the rumors of phase 2 coming out February 2020 or so some people were probably trolling about is true, then blizzard might as well redo the phase plan release everything or introduce bg if its going to be 3-4 months per phase.

2 Likes

This is why i waited to join up why not wait for the zones to thin out a bit and not have to wait too long after i hit 60 for bgs and such