Classic Client Build 51056 is Now Available

I’m wondering how this stuff made it Live. Did Blizz not notice, or did they not expect the backlash?

Also, while they’re at it, spell ranks shouldn’t be hidden by default in your spell book. They shouldn’t be hidden at all, actually, but it should default to showing all ranks.

4 Likes

My guess is they don’t expect many to care about an Options menu and that, provided the logic update does actually enhance antibotting tech, the bumpy transition will be worth it in the logrun.

I agree that showing all spell ranks should be the default option.

No more trying to wand something and throwing punches instead.

Good to see stuff reported on the PTR months ago getting fixed :slight_smile:

Be nice if the lag was fixed too i thought you got rid of the leeway not made it worst

4 Likes

Its hard to comprehend that about 10 million players have done just that over the years.

2 Likes

If this is the way they want it there are plenty of games on my bucket list to play that I can make time for with wow out of the way :slight_smile:

Could you please bring back the option, I really enjoyed it on my hunter. Maybe just make it as default “OFF” so people don’t have to figure out where the option is to disable it, only those seeking it will turn it on. It really smoothened out the gameplay and saved me a lot of button presses when melee weaving

Lol what??

They are literally releasing hardcore realms today.

Smh.

So, if I’m understanding correctly, you’re saying that Classic Era players should’ve learned about the Classic Era client change by either:

1. Playing the PTR that was publicized as mainly focusing on Hardcore and the PvP Ranking Update (aspects of the game that I’m sure many Era players aren’t interested in)
    and/or
  2. Watching a 50 minute live chat titled “WoW Community Council Live Chat on WoW Classic Hardcore” (again, many Era players aren’t interested in Hardcore, certainly not enough to watch a live chat on it)?

Sorry, but if that is indeed what you’re saying, then I have to disagree that that’s an effective way for the developers to communicate a change of the Classic Era client to the Classic Era community. As I mentioned above, both of those were specifically publicized as focusing on Hardcore & the Era PvP Ranking Update. And, please correct me if I’m wrong, neither mentioned anywhere in any titles, subtitles, descriptions, notes, etc. that there would be an change to the Classic Era client.

Regardless, putting the debate of communication aside, that still doesn’t excuse the amount of bugs & lag that came with this patch. It never should’ve been pushed to production with this many issues. And what was the point of the PTR if there are still this many issues post-patch?

I’m just really hoping they can get it all fixed so Era plays smoothly again.

6 Likes

‘Classic Era 1.14.4 PTR’

First time?

Sure, why not:

Thanks Kaivax.

Any word on the dungeon reset to GY instead of entrance behavior and the protecting of FollowUnit api call both being reverted to Classic Era behavior? Hopefully those are in an upcoming patch?

Cool so you removed the things that were never in classic in the first place. Thanks. Now, the retail interface, that needs to go to. You can even keep your Body 1 and 2s if you must, just revert the UI back to the original… And I expect to have a Body 3, 4, 6 and 7 by the end of the year too.

So you quote me and edit out the parts that explain my argument & give more context? At this point, it seems like you’re just disingenuously trolling, but sure, I’ll bite.

Most players don’t play the PTR. If they want to be informed about an upcoming patch, they look at the patch notes (which don’t mention a client change by the way). But if you were thinking about playing the PTR, you might take at least a bit of time to learn what the PTR is for before you invest time in testing something that you aren’t interested in & won’t even be engaging with when it makes it to the actual game. Here are some of the main Blizzard forum posts on the PTR: Classic Era 1.14.4 PvP Update, WoW Classic Era 1.14.4 Development Notes.

Both are posted in the WoW Classic Hardcore subsection of the WoW Classic forums, one mentions the PvP update in the title, and neither mentions a client change anywhere in the title or the post itself. Yet we, the players, are supposed to know about and be expecting a Classic Era client change? That’s just unreasonable.

So your argument is that the developers have been bad about communication in the past, so we shouldn’t call for improvement? I get that we shouldn’t necessarily expect good communication, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t point out issues and ask for more & better communication.

Again you quote me & cut off important pieces of what I wrote, so you didn’t actually correct me at all. What you quoted/linked does not mention anything about changing the Classic Era client, unless you watch over 30 minutes of a live chat video titled " WoW Community Council Live Chat on WoW Classic Hardcore".

2 Likes

No

Yes

Each and every patch is a literal client change, yes.

1 Like

In your opinion, why do devs of almost all live service games release patch notes? Why do they ask the community for feedback?

In the PTR we had the new options interface, true. But we did not have the new character select screen, we did not have the changes to spell book or talent book. We were quite a few complaining over the new options interface and over the lag it caused. mostly we were told that it would be corrected before it made it to live. Instead we got this MESS!

2 Likes

My opinion is that there’s been a good deal of misinformation ITT about the patch’s contents not being communicated at all ahead of time.

Could they have communicated it better? Absolutely.
Was it a total blindside?
No.

Despite all this confusion, the current level of communication is actually an improvement from what happened to Era when SoM launched. That doesn’t mean I think it is now satisfactory, but I’m counting my blessings while hoping the trend continues.

1 Like

Yes. They botched classic with this update. They even removed the classic graphics button.

4 Likes

Thanks Kaivax, any update on the dungeon reset offline to graveyard wrath behavior instead of Era behavior issue?

so we should say thank you? the way you guys word things is as if your devs are doing us a favor by fixing bugs created for things nobody asked for because we know the quality of activisions work now.

2 Likes