Classic characters in the forums

I hate when people do that

https://media.giphy.com/media/5gw0VWGbgNm8w/giphy.gif

you been huffing the copium?

Nope I just want PvP and arena to actually improve. Heaven forbid we actually get some Dev eyes in the arena section, the last thing I want them to be reading is fake-news and fake-opinions of people trolling. Seriously, its like the wild west in the arena forums sometimes and it curbs legitimate feedback from credible sources.

Imagine for a second that you wanted to discuss Classic, but multiple troll accounts just kept spamming for #changes. Obviously the large portion of the people who went to the classic were hard for no changes, those people are just doing it irritate you.

I mean… who cares?

We may eventually have characters from every expansion. What are you trying to accomplish with limiting forum posts from characters locked to particular expansions?

My guess is that most of us posting on the forums have played most, if not all, of the expansions…

I’m enjoying Classic, but I’ve also enjoyed every single expansion, at least to the extent of getting my money’s worth. There are some things about every single expansion that I would have preferred to be different also (and that is also true for Vanilla/Classic).

If you bothered to read the post at all, people use low level classic alts to troll because you cannot armory them. Therefore you are unable to look up account achievements, alt’s, etc.

Basically it creates an easy way for people to hide behind those characters to irritate other people.

If you read my post, you would likely know that I obviously had.

Is that different from people who make their profiles private?

Why does that matter? Are you trying to launch ad-hominem attacks?

No it doesn’t. Not at all.

Clearly you’ve never been in the PvP forums, but achievements = credibility. It’s just a good way to gauge someone’s experience, and have an actual conversation about what they are referring to in their little bubble.

A 1500xp player saying “X and Y is OP” will be drastically different then a Rank 1 saying “X and Y is OP.” The Rank 1 will have the game knowledge to back their claim.

People seem to think it’s funny to make outrageous, and uneducated claims in the arena forums. And my concern is that it will be taken as “real feedback” by people reading it out of context.

OK.

Well, here’s an example of Ad Hominem for you.

Since you have no clue how to even spell words, you obviously have no competency when it comes to something like PVP.

I’m not a proponent of ad-hominem. In my opinion, it’s ridiculous.

I can easily attack you because you don’t know how or when to use “have” vs “of,” but that has nothing whatsoever to do with how well you understand PVP or anything else.

It’s also not something that particularly matters, imo.

No, it isn’t. It’s a way for an inexperienced person who has no other way to gauge experience_ to try to fall back on, but that’s not necessarily good or reliable. It’s almost the same as blind faith.

So, you also don’t seem to understand the difference between “then” and “than.”

Dude, sure. Why do you care though? (Are you saying that your opinion is any different?)

g O to RetA il

2 Likes

Because Arena PvP is practically a joke to Blizzard at this point. There are plenty of threads with good solid feedback that get derailed, and because of it the Dev’s don’t even read our section anymore.

I simply want the trolls out of our section. I don’t think that’s asking much.

1 Like

At which point?

When has Arena PVP not been a part of Blizzcon?

No there are not.

I mean…

This is such a difficult thing to achieve with so many people playing WoW!

What is legit and what is a troll? We have people representing all sides… we cannot probably all agree on anything.

As an example, I do not agree with a lot of the things that you have stated, but I’m incredibly happy that we can discuss it on these forums, and try to prove it out in the live game. And, my opinion may change, your opinion may change. Neither of our opinions may change, but we can (I hope) both continue to enjoy playing WoW.

I’m super looking forward to TBC Classic Arenas, but the more I think about it, the more I see how many difficulties there are to delivering a TBC Classic!

This is maybe not an NP Complete (it might be), but it’s starting to look at least like an NP Hard problem, at least with what I’ve thought of so far.

Strap in tight and get ready to bow to the rogue, warlock, and warrior overlords. They will be the king’s and queen’s of the BC arena meta. :wink:

1 Like

Priests, and Druids also…

(I’m planning on maining warrior for TBC Classic - my first max-level in WoW was Warlock, during actual BC, [priest was my second, followed by Paladin, then Warrior and Druid] and I enjoyed that).