Classic beta is an accurate recreation, that's why I won't be playing

For all you folks who are excited about Classic, I’m happy for you. I hope it’s everything you hope for, but I can tell already it’s not for me.

I played in Vanilla, in the original beta, and in retail. I had a ton of fun at the time, but I was never all that excited to go back. I ticked the box for beta anyway, because I was curious, and I like to help beta test stuff.

I took both a Rogue and a Warrior to lvl 6. One Tauren and one Orc. So far, it was exactly how I remembered it, except my computer can run the low res graphics at maximum setting now.

Competing for mob taps, slow pace, short on money to buy skills, looting one mob at a time. I didn’t play a hunter but I heard plenty of them complaining about running out of ammo while trying to quest. essentially no quest info on the map. No way to look ahead to see what skills a class will get later. So many little QoL features that have evolved into the game over the years are just gone. I assume addons will be available eventually, but going back to the OEM interfce from my ELVUI setup was painful. I did not enjoy it much at all.

Sure there was a little twitch of nostalgia to see starting zones back in their pre-cata state, but a little twitch of nostalgia is not enough to keep me going through that grind.

Now, I’m not trying to say any of you who love it are wrong, we just have different tastes. I hope it’s a success, enjoy. if even a small fraction fo the WoW playerbase plays regularly, it will be one of the biggest MMO populations in history. That’s pretty cool.

As for me. I’m looking forward to 8.2 even more than I was before. I have AR alts to level too. I love that we all have more choices now, even if some of those choices are ones not made for me.

38 Likes

They are trying to make it accurate but with a few small things that make it easier, Auto loot for example.

Auto loot was in vanilla.

39 Likes

was about so say that lol

hmmmm, ok.

2 Likes

No it wasn’t, it came later.

10 Likes

It was there

22 Likes

Are you still looking at your starting trainer? Later trainers will have future spells in red. Unless there’s an interface button you didn’t use to view unlearnable spells.

10 Likes

It was not an option until TBC. I was an invisible option in late Vanilla so in 1.12 it wasn’t there.

7 Likes

You could shift-click to loot the whole corpse.

12 Likes

To each their own, OP.

Hope to see you come back once the new content in retail dries up.

Very late on, not in the patch that’s being used to start with.

3 Likes

Auto loot was in from the beginning. It was always something you had to hit shift for or turn on via the interface options. It caused a lot of problems in 5 mans and raids early on because folks would auto loot gear that should have gone to others. The loot rolling options that are in now came later, that is one QoL change I noticed that they added.

14 Likes

1.12 is the patch they’re starting with for client features.

4 Likes

No, it was added in 1.9. The interface option was added in 2.0.1

I know.

6 Likes

Then it would be in 1.12 don’t ya think? Classic is all 1.12 basically.

9 Likes

Then it was in vanilla…

14 Likes

Playing Classic is about the last thing I can imagine doing if I’m bored with what’s happening in the live game. I’d probably take a break, I’ve done it before and I am sure I’ll probably take another sometime between now and patch 9. Nothing wrong with taking a break.

1 Like

feel bad watching friends play and wanting to play with them, knowing people got in that don’t even want to play. lol

10 Likes

No offense OP, because this isn’t actually a bad post, but why did it seem necessary?

If you don’t want to play, that’s fine and I can respect that, but you have to be aware that you’re basically coming into a bar in Boston, sitting down, and politely announcing that you’re just not a fan of the Red Sox. No matter how polite you are about it, it’s kind of a confrontational stance.

39 Likes