Classic Beta invites still rolling out it seems

I just checked my launcher and have Classic Beta.
I did not have it earlier today, so it seems they are still rolling out more invites for anyone still hoping to get in soon.

6 Likes

Just checked and I have mine now!

2 Likes

No way, the only people getting invites are trash heap streamers!!!

2 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks it’s funny to beta test a game that’s been out for 15 years? :joy:

13 Likes

not at all… beta testing a 15 year old game sounds like such a silly concept.

they should have jumped to the end of the alphabet and called it …omega testing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fibber! I just checked and I still only have “BFA” and “PTR BFA.”

:wink:

They are “testing a 15 year old game” because:

It “isn’t.”

It is “Drums of War” code, smashed into the current Wow engine, along with lots of other things possibly smashed in (like old textures, etc.)

So there are many things to break, possibly, especially while “stress testing.”

Plus, these betas are a way to get the word out what the thing is like.

1 Like

It makes sense they would give them out over time, this part isn’t the stress test. They don’t want too many people in the starting zones all at once, at least not yet.

2 Likes

I wish I got in :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m not going to pretend to be a programmer or computer engineer, but if you actually look it up Classic wasn’t just a copy + paste job. A lot of its systems were incompatible with modern tech and a lot of it needed to be redone and optimized to run smoothly.

The beta test is obviously to test the game itself - how it runs, bugs, etc.

Didnt get one :frowning: actually kinda bummed lol

2 Likes

Keep in mind that for the stress test phases, Blizzard will send out an increasing number of invites. However, once those stress tests are complete, a chunk of those players will lose their access. I’d rather get a beta invite after the stress test phases are complete, than get one beforehand.

2 Likes

Really? that’s awful lol.
I would rather get one when its “done” then too.

That’s how it worked in the past. Those given beta keys stayed on after stress tests. There’s supposedly no keys anymore, but however Blizzard is identifying players for access now, it will be separate from the mass invites in preparation for a stress test. At that point they just need warm bodies, for lack of a better term, to overload zones for stability & performance tests on the hardware. Once that’s done, there’s no need to have an overpopulation of testers.

Rude :confused:

I mean… I get where you are coming from but considering how Classic was reverse engineered and Frankensteined using the modern game architecture I am pretty sure its more or less to just make sure its stable, make sure its authentic, ect.

I mean, there are already bugs that have been documented and mentioned on MMO-Champion, porting such an old game to modern architecture is going to have its bugs for sure.

It’s not really a 15yo game though. It’s a 5yo game that’s had some brown paint and rust thrown on it to make it look like a 15yo game. They gotta test it to make sure the fake rust doesn’t rub off when people play it.

2 Likes

No invite here. It sucks… 2014 account here…

Is there a source that people invite for stress test will lose access? I would think they would open it up and have as many people log on at once and play the zones for a long time before launch. I can’t see them revoking some people’s access.

That is how beta releases work with WOW. They will add more and more people until right before release.

1 Like

Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July

Source:

To me, it sounds like the small, focused beta testers will be separate from the stress test group. But that’s strictly my interpretation of their post.

2 Likes

Got it, sounds like it can be interpreted in different ways. Thanks!