Classic Ashran? Yes! New Ashran? NO NO NO!

Please Blizz, please, ditch the new Ashran and keep the classic Ashran!

If I queue into new Ashran, I insta quit. Its so badly done that I won’t do any random epic bgs anymore.

The classic Ashran on the other hand…
I logged in and found the horde was at F1 pushing hard for Stormshield and somehow Alliance pushed them back, and back, back, back, back to Warspear!

Then the Horde pushed!, pushed!, pushed! and again I found myself at F1 battling.

My fingers hurt.
My wrists hurt.

I kept fighting.

My back finally gave out from the horrible posture I had and then I finally left.

90 minutes of awesome.

Worth all the pain, ibuprofen and icyhot.

None of that will ever happen in New Ashran.

6 Likes

Agree 200% with you!

The original Ashran is so much better than the BG Ashran.

4 Likes

I agree but I distinctly recall the hater pvpers crying about it.

They called it all sorts of names. For some reason wow pvpers can’t ever see how good they have it compared to a number of other games pvp communities and Pooo all over current content while it’s current then beg to return to it down the line.

Seems to be karma.

1 Like

Ashran was confusing to people that didnt run it enough to get what was happening. It was my go to place for most of warlords. Rather than raiding i ran ashran with some great people. Got fully geared and then ran rated pvp. Using ashran to gear up without hurting your rated score was a great idea. Glad its finally getting some love!

3 Likes

They should keep both classic Ashran and classic Alterac Valley available. People are dedicating hours upon hours playing in them and I am one of those people. People aren’t just going in to do a quest or get a mount. Players legit like these longer format PVP options. What I always liked about Ashran was that it felt like a full-time PVP zone. I didn’t need to queue. I wake up, log in, start kicking Alliance butt. Just have fun. It feels better to be able to log in and have fun…when all I have been doing these past few months is logging in to get Conquest capped then log off for the rest of the week.

If they brought back Honor/Conquest vendors + these battlegrounds I might actually stay happily subbed to WoW.

2 Likes

My only beef with Ashran when I first started in Legion was the
HUGE FRICKEN QUEUE TIMES
compounded by
NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS - SYSTEM SHUTTING DOWN!

Nothing was more frustrating than waiting 60+ minutes to get kicked in 20 seconds by the game.

But if you got in a game with a decent commander, win or lose it was fun.

3 Likes

No decent pvper is going to beg for it to come back. Ill be surprised if many of us queue epic bgs at all.

Agreed. I ran ashran for 3+ hours at a time and loved it. Those stat boosting flowers and ability boosting artifacts so much fun and all out carnage at the flags! So much fun.

4 Likes

I actually liked Ashran a lot back in the day. Loved the tome you could use that improved one your spells. 7.5s Cooldown on Blink was nuts and I loved it.

2 Likes