Classic 1.14.4 PVP System Predictions

If they made it to be exalted with bgs. I feel sorry for solo players… that will take FOREVER. Like FOR…EVER! lol

I dont have an issue with premades and I love solo’n. That would force me to premade for sure. Cuz doing it solo will take FOREVER. lol

Edit: They will also have to change the way you gain rep in bgs.

1 Like

Despitebeing isn’t a pvper. Anything he says regarding pvp can be safely dismissed.

Any Venmo bets on despitebeing, rank 14 4K hks Druid, will not be FCing for ptr games?

2 Likes

R14 shouldnt be soloable in the first place tbh. Currency type or even a rep grind will water down the progression and dilute the gear including raid gear

I’m okay with just leaving the honor system in Era as-is. Let the new honor system be a SoM 2 change, especially since SoM is supposted to be “fast”. Classic 2019 lasted 2 years, and SoM last only 1 so a “fast” ranking system should be for SoM, not era

1 Like

It’s going to be a pretty sensitive and important subject for me.

If it becomes completely unrecognizable, I’ll simply go back to HH and play there

3 Likes

I do agree r14 shouldn’t be soloable but its been done before and still takes some time. Probably longer then in a group.

Something has to change you cant grind in the current system because they just arent enough games.

Not to mention weren’t people saying that the current honor system was unhealthy? putting it behind exalted with all bgs is not going to make that any better. 4 to 5 hours a day will take you a year+. lol

Whats HH Lazarak? =)

Wsg server

That’s actually incorrect and a misconception from the 2005 vanilla days.

The # of games needed is relative to ur server (and u only technically need 10 games. ) The only reason why it was “so grindy” is because everyone grinded 24/7 and didn’t know about brackets. Most ppl thought “if I just played more games, it means I rank faster” when in fact, its not like that

in 2019 classic, the honor system was a lot better despite being teh same since there was 15 years worth of knowledge n people actually knew how to bracket stack and limit the # of honor needed

1 Like

It is in the mission statement for the Classic team.
Might not be the first bulletpoint but it’s pretty high.

Reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I’d like premades to be limited,

For example: premades only in the premade BG on the premade weekend. IE, so even on premade weekend you can still BG on non-premade and have fun games without getting stomped.

This would also maximize weekend prime time organization for BGing. Set up some great pvp matches vs. streamers.

Also, a way to prevent griefing the bracket would be nice.

There is no griefing brackets. The only people who grief the brackets are people who don’t want to be human beings and not abide by their RP limitations

2 Likes

you know people actually use the brackets as a pyramid scheme, paying for a spot in whatever bracket they’re aiming for. there is actually a discord the sells slots in the r11-r14 brackets. the people with the top bids have to put in time to help others reach r14.

People also pay real money for raid epics too . The difference is that at least in the PVP honor system, you still need to play instead of getting carried in a raid.

I’m so glad I have never had to deal with all the bracket mafia sh1t to grind honor and hearing all about selling bracket spots. Is just sad. lol

Are you certain that this isn’t because of Blizzards announcement which basically tells people to not bother PVPing for now? Were BG games not popping all the time before that announcement was made?

From everything I’ve seen the people who go on and on about the ranking system being unhealthy are looking for one thing and one thing only - quick and easy gear for their alts.

I’ve tried multiple times to have in-depth discussions with some of these folks about things beyond that gear and they either shut down and stop replying or go right to petty insults about “no lifers” or “rank mafias” which basically end the conversation right there.

On top of that, so many OF THE SAME PEOPLE have said to “make a long grind so I can get the gear (as that’s ALL they care about) over time”. Requiring that BG rep would both populate all BGs and do exactly what they asked for.

1 Like

you missed the boosting mafia. i remember one guy getting threatening messages for offering free mara boost.

1 Like

Cool. That works on era. Not on fresh. You can’t “out buy” the top premade.

Era brackets are hardly competitive in the slightest.

This is merely eta problems. Server has been up too long. After enough time even the era folk will be begging for a fresh. Mark my words

There is no such thing as “the bracke mafia”; it’s called the pvp community. It’s only a problem if you want to solo ur way to AQ 40 epics. The “mafia” are otherwise pretty reasonable until u start breaking brackets.
The “mafia” is the reason why the ranking system is bearable becuz they actually put limits on how much honor they’re going to get. It’s funny when people complain about “the mafia” while complaining about “the grind” when the “mafia” IS the solution to the grind.

BTW, paying for bracket spots actually lifts the entire server up. So EVERYONE in the faction benefits when the mafia pays to open additional slots

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve only been playing Era for about a month now. But, I can see why some have stop running bgs because of the announcement.

I have always kinda wanted bg rep to be account bound. As much as I love to bg and I have multiple r11’s. It does kinda suck to have to rep grind all the time.

For me just get rid of the decay and getting from r11 - r14 would be something I would aim for. I have NEVER cared for r14 (r11 is good enough for the mount. =)) and the reason being I dont want to contribute to the craziness of people controlling the brackets.

1 Like

The only people who call the bracket formula a mafia are people who have never ranked past 12, bracket breakers (who put more burden on themselves) or people who don’t understand the brackets to begin with

3 Likes