Classic 1.14.4 PVP System Predictions

Just a few days away from seeing the new PVP changes. What are your predictions?

Here are mine. Blizz is going to:

1. Remove premades (or make premades fight only premades)
  2. Fix the terrain exploits in WSG
  3. Remove decay below R11, but use the pre-SoM ranking calculation slowing the ranking speed.

Why do I think premades will be removed or limited to fighting only premades?

The only conceivable reason we would be “brawling with the Blues” is to test a new queue system.

2 Likes

I assume they are going full “honor-currency” because removing decay or changing the ranking speed does not require a reset of everyone’s rank.

4 Likes

I can see 2 and 3 but not 1. Forcing premades to fight premades is punishing people for organizing together and grouping while rewarding solo play.

3 Likes

But aren’t premades blocked in WotLK? I haven’t played it in a year, but IIRC, you can only queue in groups of 5? Full premades possible, but requires queue syncing. I can definitely see Blizz adopting the WotLK queue rules.

If premades can only queue against premades, they should get more honor/tokens.

Here is the last change Blizzard made which continued into Wrath:
With the next weekly Burning Crusade Classic reset in each region, all “pre-made” groups will again be allowed to queue for Battlegrounds.

Note that I replied in a positive way to that because I believe that people should be able to group in an MMO. I’ve remained passionate about this topic in any iteration of WoW labeled “classic” the whole time.

Since that time there have been many threads about individuals still getting matched against premades. :person_shrugging:

While I understand why you made this topic I’m personally not going to speculate further even though I have my predictions (and sadly not ones, outside of like removing the sand running, that are good long-term changes for a game that should NOT be messed with) but if others want to share then that’s fine.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s just some sort of RBG.

1 Like

A premade only queue for Classic, which has hardly any players left is never going to happen. :rofl: We can hardly get games right now at Prime, so how are we supposed to get games going if we exclude everyone that doesnt solo Q?

They don´t even have solo Q for retail, which has a lot more players!

What they will do is quite simple and we all know it, if we played Vanilla 1.12. They will remove the honor ranking system and make the items vendor based. You farm honor or tokens and then buy the gear, like it was from pre TBC onwards.

Changes to the BG´s are unlikely too, the only thing I could imagine are timers like on retail, but this would be a complete destruction of pvp for me.

1 Like

I really don’t get the fixation people have with removing premades

2 Likes

Anyways I am expecting them to put in a currency system or just literally remove decay and wall the gear behind an HK/RP/battleground rep wall. Needing exalted all BGs would definitely increase participation but it all just depends on what they do

I do not believe they’ll “remove” premades. Why would pve be the only activity you can do with your friends and pvp isn’t? Doesn’t make any sense

Like Chest Legs Shoulders from AV
Weapons from WSG
all other items from AB

All req Exalted?

Would work

I mean if that was what they were presenting I would think r12 gear exalted wsg/r13 ab/r14 weapon exalted all + an RP/HK requirement.

No idea we can’t know till they tell us

I was more curious about your idea there, I know that’s not a blizzard thing… but would not be bad if it were…

Oh. Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if reputation had anything to do with it. It’s a long wait till blue post. Having zero clue is annoying

Lmao yah I actually like that. Takes quite awhile to get exalted, actually would feel like an achievement, and at this stage of the game wsg and ab rewards are pretty weak.

1 Like

yeah it really is… they should at least give us a sensible idea what they’re up too…

I am not asking for much here.,. I would rather they up participation by any means possible.

2 Likes

If I was “forced” to compromise on a system change I’d do that.

Remove decay
Keep RP implementations
Add reputation barrier
Add HK barrier

Cause if you make it too easy or don’t test it you’ll see super mongs pumping to r14 in like 4 weeks on fresh unless you add proper barriers. But the casual who only pvps (they exist far and wide and a lot are good at the game) can get there by zg

3 Likes

IMO should take a few months… its an RPG so it needs to take time. (for fresh characters)

I like the idea of Exalted rep in all BG, and the HK req… That’s a really good solution.

Hmm, this is interesting in that getting exalted in all of them (AV excluded) is still a significant grind, especially for the solo player. Personally, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with your other ideas either.

I still don’t understand why Blizzard is trying to reinvent a wheel that should really be left alone. This should be seasons stuff. When did they ever say that Era was #somechanges?

Blizzard keeps doing this “pet project”/busy work stuff instead of focusing on what really matters for the quality of the game, such as bug fixes or server management. They kept doing it in Wrath while ignoring harder-to-fix things and it’s one of the primary reasons that I quit that and will never go back. It’s frustrating imo.

4 Likes

They stated #NoChanges was dead in 2019, prior to Classic’s launch. This was reaffirmed with Classic Era’s debut: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-classic-and-burning-crusade-classic-characters-and-realms/

" WoW Classic will direct you to the new Classic Era realms which will have the latest phase of WoW Classic content in it and will not progress into any WoW expansion content."

It will be interesting for sure, I’m watching this more than other classic news

Several ways to go about it. I just hope that it results in people getting into the queue. For such an active game to not get into a BG at in two hours of play time is pretty sad

1 Like