Classic 1.14.4 PVP System Predictions

Lmao yah I actually like that. Takes quite awhile to get exalted, actually would feel like an achievement, and at this stage of the game wsg and ab rewards are pretty weak.

1 Like

yeah it really is… they should at least give us a sensible idea what they’re up too…

I am not asking for much here.,. I would rather they up participation by any means possible.

2 Likes

If I was “forced” to compromise on a system change I’d do that.

Remove decay
Keep RP implementations
Add reputation barrier
Add HK barrier

Cause if you make it too easy or don’t test it you’ll see super mongs pumping to r14 in like 4 weeks on fresh unless you add proper barriers. But the casual who only pvps (they exist far and wide and a lot are good at the game) can get there by zg

3 Likes

IMO should take a few months… its an RPG so it needs to take time. (for fresh characters)

I like the idea of Exalted rep in all BG, and the HK req… That’s a really good solution.

Hmm, this is interesting in that getting exalted in all of them (AV excluded) is still a significant grind, especially for the solo player. Personally, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with your other ideas either.

I still don’t understand why Blizzard is trying to reinvent a wheel that should really be left alone. This should be seasons stuff. When did they ever say that Era was #somechanges?

Blizzard keeps doing this “pet project”/busy work stuff instead of focusing on what really matters for the quality of the game, such as bug fixes or server management. They kept doing it in Wrath while ignoring harder-to-fix things and it’s one of the primary reasons that I quit that and will never go back. It’s frustrating imo.

4 Likes

They stated #NoChanges was dead in 2019, prior to Classic’s launch. This was reaffirmed with Classic Era’s debut: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-classic-and-burning-crusade-classic-characters-and-realms/

" WoW Classic will direct you to the new Classic Era realms which will have the latest phase of WoW Classic content in it and will not progress into any WoW expansion content."

It will be interesting for sure, I’m watching this more than other classic news

Several ways to go about it. I just hope that it results in people getting into the queue. For such an active game to not get into a BG at in two hours of play time is pretty sad

1 Like

If they made it to be exalted with bgs. I feel sorry for solo players… that will take FOREVER. Like FOR…EVER! lol

I dont have an issue with premades and I love solo’n. That would force me to premade for sure. Cuz doing it solo will take FOREVER. lol

Edit: They will also have to change the way you gain rep in bgs.

1 Like

Despitebeing isn’t a pvper. Anything he says regarding pvp can be safely dismissed.

Any Venmo bets on despitebeing, rank 14 4K hks Druid, will not be FCing for ptr games?

2 Likes

R14 shouldnt be soloable in the first place tbh. Currency type or even a rep grind will water down the progression and dilute the gear including raid gear

I’m okay with just leaving the honor system in Era as-is. Let the new honor system be a SoM 2 change, especially since SoM is supposted to be “fast”. Classic 2019 lasted 2 years, and SoM last only 1 so a “fast” ranking system should be for SoM, not era

1 Like

It’s going to be a pretty sensitive and important subject for me.

If it becomes completely unrecognizable, I’ll simply go back to HH and play there

3 Likes

I do agree r14 shouldn’t be soloable but its been done before and still takes some time. Probably longer then in a group.

Something has to change you cant grind in the current system because they just arent enough games.

Not to mention weren’t people saying that the current honor system was unhealthy? putting it behind exalted with all bgs is not going to make that any better. 4 to 5 hours a day will take you a year+. lol

Whats HH Lazarak? =)

Wsg server

That’s actually incorrect and a misconception from the 2005 vanilla days.

The # of games needed is relative to ur server (and u only technically need 10 games. ) The only reason why it was “so grindy” is because everyone grinded 24/7 and didn’t know about brackets. Most ppl thought “if I just played more games, it means I rank faster” when in fact, its not like that

in 2019 classic, the honor system was a lot better despite being teh same since there was 15 years worth of knowledge n people actually knew how to bracket stack and limit the # of honor needed

1 Like

It is in the mission statement for the Classic team.
Might not be the first bulletpoint but it’s pretty high.

Reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I’d like premades to be limited,

For example: premades only in the premade BG on the premade weekend. IE, so even on premade weekend you can still BG on non-premade and have fun games without getting stomped.

This would also maximize weekend prime time organization for BGing. Set up some great pvp matches vs. streamers.

Also, a way to prevent griefing the bracket would be nice.

There is no griefing brackets. The only people who grief the brackets are people who don’t want to be human beings and not abide by their RP limitations

2 Likes

you know people actually use the brackets as a pyramid scheme, paying for a spot in whatever bracket they’re aiming for. there is actually a discord the sells slots in the r11-r14 brackets. the people with the top bids have to put in time to help others reach r14.

People also pay real money for raid epics too . The difference is that at least in the PVP honor system, you still need to play instead of getting carried in a raid.