Class wide abilities for survival

How do you guys think they will handle survival going into next xpac? What should they bring back if they make it ranged again?

3 Likes

Like has been said in other topics, I doubt that they will actually remove MSV at this stage.

If they do however(or if they bring RSV back in another way), for ranged SV specifically, I would want to see the following:

4 Likes

they are already bring some things back.

its just what they are bringing back still can fit within MSV.

only change i wanna see with what we know thus far is a adaptation to the dmg portion of hunters mark.

1 Like

How would kill shot fit into MSV? Unless they make it to where hunters can use melee weps as a stat stick again (which I wouldnt mind for aesthetic purposes lol), I dont see how it would fit

uh…

we have a crossbow.

Really i want a glyph to make it a transmog bow though…

1 Like

Kill shot being used with a pocket crossbow… dude no way :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

I mean we currently use the same said CB for serpent sting and that’s a shared range skill.

Once again, i want the CB gone and want ranged shots to be done with a bow in current survival anyway. if they don’t do this its completely possible to shoot a skill called kill shot from a CB.

which shoots things…

1 Like

Kill shot on msv wouldn’t be fair honestly they would need their own execute within melee range to solidify its melee identity.

1 Like

This is a fair point.

However, its still a possibly to be done. Maybe they shorten the range or something.

Bring back ranged survival! Explosive shot, black arrow, lock and load! Not the watered down mm version

22 Likes

Give MSV kill shot. Make it a melee/ranged hybrid spec.

1 Like

I really just hope they add a fourth ranged hunter spec that plays exactly like Cata, Mop, WoD SV (not under-tuned WoD) or give MM a level (10?) talent that changes MM’s entire rotation and abilities to mirror old SV. i.e., Aimed Shot is replaced by Explosive Shot, Rapid Fire is replaced by Black Arrow, Arcane Shot is replaced by Cobra Shot, Mastery is changed to increase the damage done by magic shots (or whatever it used to be).

7 Likes

Shouldn’t be difficult. To me it would make sense for Kill Command to be Survival and BM’s execute to mirror MM’s Kill Shot. Just rename what we currently know as Kill Command to Flanking Strike.

If you have to command your pet to kill something 30 times before it succeeds you and your pet probably need more training.

3 Likes

No offense, but i rather have Legion’s Flanking Strike back instead a rename of KC.

It has initial hiccups, but after some fixes it worked great, and it fits the theme. I don’t get why they kill it, force spamming KC down our throats, and then add a talent with a similar name as a mockery.

Why wouldn’t it be fair?

Or… Flanking strike be survivals execute since they’re keeping it melee (gag). It only makes sense for BM and MM to have kill shot at this point.

1 Like

Eh. The goal is to have the same ability across all 3 specs. Kill Shot and Kill Command are close enough to in name to have the same function across ranged and melee. BM is more about the pet and makes more sense to have their pet deal the final blow.

Just my opinion of course, but I think for a class-wide execute, Kill Shot for MM and Kill Command for BM and SV is the way to go.

Survival uses both ranged and melee skills… so why would anyone think Kill Shot not fit them ?

Kill shot doesn’t really have a problem. Survival as a whole has 1 melee range ability in it’s kit, which is mongoose bite, aside from it’s interrupt of course. It’s not hard to see kill shot being added into it. It’s a similar thing to eyes of the beast coming back for marks /shurg. If they do unprune specific abilities they will probably look for stuff like black arrow and such to from the ranged toolkit of old survival. I doubt they will add any more melee ranged abilities to it’s kit.

If KC turns into the execute for survival then what would be the focus generator? Unless they go back to legions style.