Class Tuning!

I’ve seen many threads expressing their opinions so imma do the same, it might help someone.

I am only gonna talk about classes I have played and tunning of their talents.

:dizzy::dizzy:This ended up being quite long so Imma only do Mage for now. Might do Priest later if ppl like this.

Frost and Fire Mages:

:dizzy:1st row:
:blue_heart:[Frost]
Bone Chilling: allow it to ramp up to 10%. Passively increases Frostbolt damage by 50% (Lonely Winter increases it by 25% so it is not that big of a deal)
Ice Nova: Make its 2s freeze stun enemies and store up to 2 charges.
:heart:[Fire]
Firestarter: Lower Health threshold to 80%.
Pyromaniac: Consuming Hot Streak has a 10% chance to cast a free Flamestrike at the target location.
Searing Touch: Scorch deals 150% increased damage. Scorch is a guaranteed critical strike against enemies below 30%.

:dizzy:2nd row:
Make Blink have a 25 yd range, from 20. Make Shimmer have a 20s CD, from 25, and reduced by Haste. Shimmer will have a slightly shorter range and also the fact it doesn’t break you from stuns as its downside. (For all specs).
Glacial Insulation: Make it also give “Cold Snap” a second charge. This will allow it to compete with fire’s “Blazing Barrier” which grants a shield every time they blink.
Ice Floes: I know this is supposed to be the “hard choice” but it doesn’t work. Make it a passive that replaces Blink: While Ice Barrier is up and for 5s after it expires your movement speed is increased by 20% and you can cast spells while moving.
Blast Wave: Increase its Knockback by ~30%. And let it store 2 charges.

:dizzy:3rd row:
Incanters Flow: This is the easy choice and mustn’t be as good as Rune of Power, but it shouldn’t be bad. Make it ramp up to 25% spell power, from 20%. With frost I kinda can get into a rhythm at which I reliably can cast my big spells at the top of the burst, I do not know if this is intended but it definitely should be intended for you to be able to catch a rhythm at which you can cast your big spells at the peak.
Focus Magic: This is a really selfless choice as you will be giving up some of your damage to grant an ally a 5% critical strike… however it doesn’t actually add up. Increase the critical chance you give to your ally to 10% and it might be worth picking.
Rune of Power Make Rune of Power cost around 30% of your total Mana for Frost and FIre… won’t do much just for immersion’s sake.

:dizzy:4th row:
Frozen Touch: Frostbolt’s chance of triggering Brainfreeze is increased by 15% \. Make it no longer be multiplicative and instead additive and no longer increase FIngers’ procs, this will increase the chance of Brain Freeze to 45% (from the 36% it currently gives.
Ebonbolt: Make it replace Frostbolt, If Frostbolt dealt 100 damage with a 2s cast, make Ebonbolt deal 150 damage with a 2.4s cast. And remove the GreaterPyroblasty animation.
Alexstrasza’s Fury: Dragon Breath deals 250% increased damage with a 500% increased range and it can contribute and benefit from Hot Streak. Additionally, the range of all abilities is increased by 30% after using Dragon Breath.
From the Ashes: Make it increase Versatility instead of Mastery, and make it increase it by 4%.

:dizzy:6th row:
Comet Storm: Make it a 5s channel for the same DPS that consumes around 10% mana per second. Still, a 30s CD that begins when you finish channeling.
Flame Patch: Also allow Flamestrike to contribute with Hot Streak.
Conflagration: FIreball consumes 5s of Ignite damage on the target and nearby enemies, and immediately reapplies it to the target.
Living Bomb: Double the damage of the DOT, increase the explosion damage by 50% and make it no longer have reduced damage against secondary targets. This is a good talent against MANY enemies, better the more enemies you add and should stay that way.

:dizzy:FINAL row:
Thermal Void dominates, so the other talents need some love.
Ray of Frost: Make it not-interruptable. Allow it to last up to 10s, from 5. Make it consume 10% mana on cast and 5% mana every second. Remove the “Generates 2 charges of fingers… remove this additional effect”. Make it so its cooldown recharges 200% faster while standing still. Cooldown starts when the ability finishes channeling.
Glacial Spike: Increase its base damage by 20-40%, this is a MUST, at least 20%. Also, make it double the damage of the icicles it stores (I believe this is already the case; if it is then simply add it to the tooltip).
Pyroclasm: This is a weird talent, it is not really good for PVP since it is extreme RNG. What is a must is to make the buff last longer… on mythic+ it just sucks getting the proc on one pack and losing it on the way to the next. Make the buff last one minute like icicles. And for the low proc rate increase the damage buff from 240% to 350% to make it actually feel good. You can always reduce the effectiveness of the talent on PvP back to 240%.

:heartpulse: And that’s it! :smiley:

4 Likes

Holy formatting batman

9 Likes

tbh; I dont think putting numbers is ever a good thing. Blizzard sees numbers we can not but suggesting flat Quality of life changes isnt bad.

Example… Blast wave is never taken because you typically need to move into an unfavorable postion to use it properly…

Your 2 charge suggestion seems solid and would let people do some kinky Ring of Frost+Blast wave combos.

2 Likes

I LOVE those class tunings wow… You must’ve put a lot of work and effort into it… glad to see everyone appreciates it!!

2 Likes

I like these changes but I honestly think if they give Frost Mage the option to use Ice Form and Deep Shatter in PvE, it will give them a lot more potential in single target damage. Not only that but will open up a lot of new and different ways to play with Frost.

I would LOVE PVP talents to work on Torghast… This is not exactly relevant to what you said but it made me remind of this. For all classes I mean.

1 Like

I just don’t want PvP talents to be PvP exclusive. 99% of the time your are doing PvE and most of the PvE talents are useless and this is for every single class. Instead all interesting talents are in PvP and we can’t use them ever so I would like the PvP section to be merged into PvE and to remove useless PvE talents.

Most of the pvp talents for classes never existed until war mode. They are kind of op for pve talents and if they were to be included with pve stuff I can see them getting nerfs.

1 Like

For mages they are not OP, being able to put the frost orb in a place is not game breaking, neither making frostbolt able to freeze. Being immune to stun during icy veins will not make much of a change either.

Maybe Shamen have something really op (wouldn’t surprise me) but mage regular talents are all almost useless so having the PvP ones instead would be much more interesting.

Well props for trying to do something different with your thread with all the emotes

1 Like

I mean yes, almost all our totems in the pvp group would be nuts in pve but still! Not all talents are OP but many of them were not designed with pve in mind.

I made a Priest one cuz 4 people like this one (thought it was 8).

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-tuning-priest/820659

I feel like this was a way to just post changes to mages by disguising it as im only going to post what i play and might do something different later… anyone get that feeling?

To understand these ,you would have to have them related to percentages of secondary stats as in number, which no one will or is willing to do because no one really know except for Blizzard.

For Fury Warrior, add the talent “Suck Less”