Class Tuning Incoming -- March 28

Just bugout/kill the tyrant, super easy.

nerf warlock, really? warlock is a s class?

Judgement of the pure doing 70 auto dispels a game is ridiculous 1 spec make so many others feel like garbage. Legit 1 game 5+ sheeps auto dispelled and 30+ of Boomkins damaging abilities auto dispelled I can’t even imagine being an Ele shaman right now in PVP, no one is queueing a lot of stuff right now hoping that talent gets nuked tomorrow and Ret would still be S tier without it.

1 Like

Judge dispel needs ICD. WoA has been stunning demons the whole time, except that its more predictable now since it cant be reset, or since radiant decree (15 sec cd) is no more.

Demo locks dont want counters, eh? You already out damage and out heal rets lol

such great clarification about something so insignificant when ret is ruining your game PAST NERFS

Both of these changes impact Single Target Damage. If the goal is to decrease AoE damage, why not adjust Guillotine? Or just nerf Demonic Strength. The Dreadbite nerf doesnt make sense. Additionally the spec tends to be propped up by Power Infusion. Outside of Power Infusion, it is not at the top of the competitive specs, even in AoE.

This nerf also impacts Kill Cleave. So in addition to toning down BM single target it also nerfs BM AoE. Nerfing Kill Command damage, should have a corresponding buff to kill cleave.

Even in High AoE situations it is still better for Survival to use Mongoose Bite. Their AoE kit is not keeping pace with AoE specs and thee Mongoose Bite Centered build is the only real way the class deals damage. And it only has the niche role of very high single target. Considering the spot Survival is in, with the sheer lack of players playing the spec, and the lack of survivability and performance of the spec as a whole, this nerf is woefully unnecessary.

10 Likes

lol tyrant isn’t the problem. It’s the million imps and dreadstalkers that do all of demo damage. I can ground/silence/lasso tyrant all day. Doesn’t change that demo is S tier in pvp.

1 Like

Someone has to be #1, that is the way it works. Constantly crying until you get the spot isn’t helping.

What did we do though?!

1 Like

Just curious why BM hunter did not also get an overall -55% damage reduction to make things more balanced and fair.

Survival could also do with about 5-10% overall damage reduction.

sv has some of the best st in the game atm, it just can’t pad well at all and competes for a melee slot without something truly unique to bring to the table overall

it’s why it’s being nerfed, but they should’ve nerfed our 2pc instead of our actual ability since it’s being heavily propped by our current tier

bit mind boggling that they didn’t just reduce our 2pc tbh

Please explain the Survival Nerfs? You gutted kill command and mongoose bite, Basically killing the spec again.

Do… do you guys play your game?

Genuine question.

And it isn’t. I play Destruction without Sacrifice, I know many warlocks who play it without Sacrifice. Same with Affliction. We like the CHOICE of having our pet out for an interrupt while we cast.

But now the pet is always the clear answer, so you made the choice for the warlock.

You took away player choice. Again. Stop.

Now sacrifice will never be taken, like it was for the past ~8 years. Congratulations. You made a dead talent.

8 Likes

Their class ability planning is just a dumpster fire with buffs and then followed up with massive nerfs. I can only assume that they’ll now have to come back through and re- buff a couple abilities due to how aggressive and unplanned these changes were XD

3 Likes

I want my 6 Echoes back for Time Anomaly would even be fine with 5

Blizzard, dial back the kill command nerf to 5%, please. It seems like you constantly overshoot changes. You need a class balancing committee with experts. Please use some of the Ludacris amount of money you have to work with and pay for a better balancing team.

Hire some new people just to do that. The current people making the decisions need more assistance, better education, or more time.

Can blizzard release a tier list of what they think is over and underperforming?

What you decide to pay attention to is concerning. You’re basing these hunter changes on 2 days of new data? Why don’t you chill out and collect a bit more data before making 10% changes? It’s clear to me you guys are spotty with your attention to character power details. Seriously, why not dedicate a more complete team to the job? Including people with statistics education and gaming skills, and have them work with the game design crew and meet for a few hours a week and propose critical balancing changes. Then fine-tuning as needed.

Not everyone agrees, likely even internally, on what is overpowered and what is in a good place. Furthermore, there are so many metrics one could use to assess performance and many ways to interpret data. Hopefully, more thought can go into balancing in the future. I know you’re never going to make everyone happy but there should be a real goal and strong desire to level the playing field between classes in different forms of content.

4 Likes

At this point it’s too late and quite frankly I don’t think they give a damn about what we all want, especially warlocks and hunters.

7 Likes

I’m not as upset with the nerfs as I am their complete failure to communicate with the game’s audiance on why these changes are being made.

Clearly, many of us cannot understand teh rationale and data behind it, and looking for a little more insight.

The Survival and Frost nerfs are mind blowing, MM has been an on-going mess, BM will lose about 2.5k DPS based on a 405 toon, nothing major there. Demo and Affliction were plagued by some bugs after the patch, but can assure you that HAS been fixed, and the DPS outside ALL ST for AFF and ALL AoE for demo, is not pretty. Demo has topped any of the Councils I’ve run this week. I mean, thats about all they’re good for.

Again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us understand this. Are there other changes coming that will be putting other classes in line with these ones now?

Blizzard is back 100% to it’s old ways. Ion needs to go.

2 Likes

I will just copy/paste part of the post I did on wowhead a while ago. Because THIS actually makes more logic and sense than the nerfs…

I think the whole deal with Bow probably went something like this in the meeting.

Dev 1: Hmmm, so what we gonna do about the Bow? We HAVE TO nerf it but Hunters will get very upset since they are already far behind other specs without the Bow. :thinking:
Dev 2: I have an idea! Lets announce some shallow “buffs” when nerfing Bow and then every week for next three weeks, nerf those back with minor changes ending with the all the buffs pretty much reverted back to right now. :smirk:
Dev 3: Bingo! Let’s show those suckers who’s the boss here and how we do things. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So remind me… What were the DK buffs for if you’re just gonna nerf it? Sure 3% doesn’t sound like much but the idea of the frost DK buffs was to make 2H more viable to an extent and lean away from breath builds… But hey let’s nerf what we worked months on to change.

Hunter nerfs? Heh… So they had a week of fun topping ST charts feeling great along with the raz bow nerfs. To be shunned down a tunnel of nerfs after.

This is absolute crap blizz…

I’m so glad I swapped to mage… Mage is always in a safe bubble of never being F tier dmg and most expansions are above average or S tier… You can nerf mage all you want but it’ll always be mid tier and accepted in a raid. Same deal with warriors.