Class Tuning Incoming – August 8

All this crap doesn’t matter.

For healers, the first question is, can it heal the key?

The answer to this question will usually be “yes” unless the class is in an absolutely horrible spot.

The next question is, okay, well what utility does it bring?

Hpal will still bring the best utility in the game, blessing of summer is still giving whatever DPS is the best in the game 30% cooldown reduction, you still have BoP, bubble, freedom, brez, and are ridiculously tanky.

The only way hpal falls out of meta is if they nerf shadow so much that people are forced to run priest for the heal spot to PI.

They should have buffed the underperforming specs instead of nerfing.

Now we’ll still have the same comp, but doing slightly lower keys.

2 Likes

It’s much easier to nerf 5 than to buff 30 some specs. And beside, the current meta is ran for utility, not just numbers.

2 Likes

so monk dps/heals, disc priest, havoc DH can more or less pound sand…

Exactly what Julisene answered to you: Those you call “buffs” are not big, they dont even push these specs to be played more, it wont even make groups get +1 level of keys, contrary to the nerfs they are doing, which lower the possible levels of keys. Buffs a class by 5% doesn’t make it a buff unless the spec become powerful enough to be played again in high keys.

It’s not about fun, it.s about performance and beeing able to complete high keys. You can hear whatever you like, no one really cares (rading the responses to all your comments in here). And for buff, you should review your definition for it. Increasing damage ofor a class not resulting in them beeing more playable in high keys or in M raid, this is not a buff, it’s a simple change.

so is blizz gonna undo the ridiculous spriest damage nerfs and actually tune their dungeons or is spriest really gonna be screwed by a minigame lol

1 Like

It’s kind of annoying when classes I play solo get nerfed because of group content.

:worried:

2 Likes

Same. :dracthyr_shrug:

It’s not an issue of underperforming specs. It was an issue that you had 5 specs grossly far ahead of every other comparable class to the point it created a fotm comp and people who weren’t those specs weren’t getting invited.

If I was an H-pal with the same IO I could get into 5 times more keys.

Killing a single at-level mob while leveling a priest will take 30% longer after tomorrow’s nerfs.

Literally. 30%.

1 Like

SPriest wasn’t being brought for DPS, but they got their DPS hammered.

The ENTIRE GAME was nerfed for EVERY SPriest because of the 0.1% minigame.

4 Likes

Shadow Priests were already ahead of everyone on dps before the fotm. Every group I played with that had one was usually 10-15% ahead of the 2nd highest dps.

You got a dps that had insane group healing with VE, Mass Dispel/Mind Soothe, and PI to boot while also doing high AOE damage. They’re still goign to be in the top 5 for AOE damage even after the nerfs.

In raid Shadow has been middle of the pack single target damage.

I don’t play it, but the performance is great. in 3 trash packs they got their 400k with a buff and hero. so it fits.
and why ruin this class? should we play all garbage can specs like aug with mindless gameplay?

that’s what it’s all about. student looks at the top list and tries to calculate the numbers for spec ruin on windows 95.
the whole thing doesn’t even take 30 minutes and we have an epic patch for $6 salary.

they take paladin because there is always aug in the group. remove aug und they will tane shaman/evoker

You rarely take our feedback to heart and do what you want anyways. You also over nerf repeatedly so seeing nerfs to the “meta” will now ruin the key title for this season because nothing is getting buffed to fix the failure you have created. Meta was formed because of certain utility and 1 classes interaction with another not the spec over performing.

The DK buff was honestly a slap to the face of other specs like Assassination, Affliction. specs that havne’t been anything in this expansion

the paladin nerfs are getting a bit old… you did this with ret. you made them amazing and strong then over nerfed them and you just did that with holy. you absolutely need to stop this terrible system that is rework, make its fun, and actually useful, then nerfing beyond what is needed because you can’t balance the rest without nerfing the top performer.

3 Likes

I mean lust is not a problem in season 2. Mages bring it, and if mages die enhance shamans will bring it.

I don’t play Shadow, or even Mage.
But those nerfs are crazy, and also crazy unnnecesary.

Shadow priests are not meta because of their damage, not after the crazy AOE nerfs they recently received, it’s because of their support kit while also being dps.

I remember Blizzard refusing to nerf locks mid season because they said they didn’t want to disrupt the way clases were played between seasons. What gives now?

3 Likes

mages scales with sprist+aug+hpal buffs. without aug they will take other dps. and i dont know how mage dps will be after next nerf