Class Tuning in Progress -- July 13 -- Updated

Updated July 12 at 16:30 with PvP notes.

With Season 2 now underway and Mythic Difficulty Sanctum of Domination opening with scheduled maintenance next week, we’re working on a tuning pass for a few Classes.

As always, these are subject to further change before they go live, and we’ll have the final adjustments in our hotfixes update next week.

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot, Multi-Shot, and Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Rapid Fire damage increased by 10%.
    • Kill Shot damage increased by 15%.
  • Survival
    • Serpent Sting, Wildfire Bomb, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strike, and Kill Shot damage increased by 10%.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fireball damage increased by 20%.
    • Fire Blast damage increased by 15%.
    • Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.

Priest

• Shadow
    • Devouring Plague damage reduced by 8%.
    • Dissonant Echoes’ (Conduit) Void Bolt damage reduced by 5%.

Warlock

• Affliction
    • Damage of all spells increased by 5%.

Player versus Player

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
    • Kill Command damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations.

Mage

• Fire
    • Fire Blast damage decreased by 15% in PvP situations.
    • Pyroblast damage decreased by 5% in PvP situations.
15 Likes

Hunter buffs!

19 Likes

lol at how fast they buff hunters and mages if they aren’t at the top, yet they leave other specs dumpster tier for entire expansions

145 Likes

Unfortunately no FDK buffs :frowning: happy for you hunters and mages!

3 Likes

What is the logic behind continuously nerfing a conduit which does not scale at all? This is getting absurd.

43 Likes

Cool to see some hoonter buffs! Can’t wait to Mongoose my way to victory!

4 Likes

RIP shadow priests, back to rejection.

5 Likes

tiny spriest nerfs lol

FDK aren’t even doing that bad though?

4 Likes

so i’m going to assume these bm changes are not pve only? yeah i think im done queuing arena already.

11 Likes

Mages really are the Blizzard pet class, huh.

31 Likes

yeah aren’t they currently solidly middle of the pack? What do they want, some Sin Rogue levels of broke?

some kings do rule forever
buff ret

11 Likes

please dont buff hunter DAMAGE in pvp (specifically bm hunter). that spec is already rewarded enough for max afk max dmg efficiency. or at least nerf the pet.

20 Likes

Why would they buff FDK?

Which specs are dumpster tier, exactly? Because fire, and all 3 hunter specs, are below all of them. Those, along with afflocks which are also getting buffed, are the worst 5 dps specs in the game. Right above them are Fury and Balance, which aren’t getting buffed but are getting good covenant legendaries (this Tuesday I think?) so expect them to go up too. So I ask again, which spec do you think needs buffs other than them?

7 Likes

You guys hired a Hunter dev finally?

13 Likes

Nah they’re just throwing them a bone because the Sylvanas bow will be such low drop rate.

17 Likes

Mages had a rough week so they instantly got buffs?

But enh shamans suffered for 2 years during BFA?

Hmm.

64 Likes

Mage can never be bad. They had one bad patch in Sunwell and we never heard the end of it.

16 Likes

You looked at the logs recently? They put fire so far in the ground that it’s fallen out the other side of Azeroth. These buffs are mostly just so it’s playable.

6 Likes