Class Tuning Coming June 28

Ou here you go proof you dont need fotm to time a 26 https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/season-sl-3/11326579-26-halls-of-atonement?embed=1

Arcane mage
Myself
Sub rogue

lol, sure they are.

Yes. They are. For example, every classic ranged DPS is a variation of turreting a casted nuke with an auxiliary instant cast. There’s more variation between specs of retail WoW than entire classes in Classic.

17k?

LUXURY!

What I wouldn’t give to be able to do 17k.

1 Like

How much money do we want to bet this guy is floorpov?

Every melee/ranged/tank/healer in retail is basically a reskin of the next, they all do the same stuff just in varying degrees. Retail has gone so far down the bring the player not the class rabbit hole almost everyone can do anything. MS is a great example.

Examples? I love how everything you say has no factual backup.

1 Like

I just gave an example.

Where i dont see it. You said

This is not factual, i asked for evidence.

Oh, did you get confused? You keep reading after the full stop.

Not an example if you dont provide insight as to what you compare it to? Loool :clown_face: take note at the man below me XD

Mage v.s. Warlock in classic:

Both spamming a casted nuke with some instant-cast auxiliaries. For Warlocks it’s curses and Corruption, for Mages it’s Fire Blast and Arcane Explosion. Literally don’t even need a separate guide for each spec because it’s all so identical. Please tell me more about how Classic class design is so much more diverse in gameplay.

2 Likes

Are you two going to get a room already?

1 Like

Id love that honestly

1 Like

Nice cherry picked example. They differ in their utilities they bring.

Where was your outrage when fire mages dominated in every form of game, When fire mages were so powerful that you couldn’t bring 2 to the same M+ because they nullified eachother?

When fire mages were so powerful that mythic bosses were downed sub 3 minutes just by bringing 18 of them with a tank and a healer?

When fire mages were so powerful the entire M+ /Arena team existed only to support the fire mage nothing but the fire mage, You exist to make the fire mages life easier?

8.2 and 8.3 was insane for fire mages and I don’t remember the outcry at all, Infact all I remember is being constantly told to just re-roll fire mage, Why? Because they were easy to play and the output was far greater than what destro’s is now for almost zero work.

But warlocks… Warlocks get powerful and everyones in a damn uproar how it’s not fair, It’s entirely fair, It’s our turn to be fire mages, Destro has been crap this entire expansion and we get power for ONE season that doesn’t even translate to extreme power in raids.

Remember FIRE MAGES WERE GODS IN EVERYTHING not just M+

1 Like

Oh and ur “example ms” was so much more conclusive data right?

Every single person youve spoken to this evening has provided evidence and or knowledgebase from actually being involved in game modes and classes.

Youve done nothing but honestly roll around in your own word vomit :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

So? They also differ in the utility they bring in Retail. The point is the core gameplay is extremely similar, so much so that we are comparing two different classes instead of specs.

Compare it to different specs of the same class in retail:

The gameplay there is entirely different.

As for “cherrypicked example”: those are two relevant ranged DPS in Classic. It’s hard to include many more because a ton of them are just tuned to be irrelevant. Here’s Balance Druid:

I guess that’s more distinct in that instead of having a spammed casted nuke with an instant-cast auxiliary, you just spam the casted nuke and that’s it.

I will agree that Hunters feel more distinct mainly because of Auto-Shot and cooldowns on Aimed Shot and Multi-Shot, but it still uses mana and largely turrets with a couple abilities from afar. Now compare Hunter with the other ranged DPS in retail.

There is simply more gameplay variation in Retail than in Classic. It’s objective. Most Classic stans confuse homogenisation of gameplay with homogenisation of utility. Retail does have utility homogenisation in the sense that key utilities are often shared between classes such as interrupts. Even then, though, it’s not universal; there are still class-specific utilities such as a Warlock’s Gateway or a Rogue’s Shroud. Many of those including both I mentioned did not exist in Classic.

Well, MS was a single spec ability, now there is multiple classes that bring that utility. AoE was something some classes excelled at and others basically had non, now everyone pumps out passive aoe and have some form of aoe ability thats competitive mostly.

Clearly you don’t play classic so your being hypocritical.

Retail is constantly in a state of FotM / Unviability due to their need to persistently bring everything inline in certain game modes while destroying viability in others.

Homogenisation of utility is my main caveat, you’re correct. Retail from my experience is complete your basic 2-3 ability rotation / pop short cooldown / get proc then hit proc ability for basically all classes. (Yes this is an over simplification, but isn’t far from the truth.)