Class Tuning -- August 22nd

Not a pvp change so don’t get your hopes up

• Avatar increases damage by 15% in PvP (was 20%).
  • Arms
    • Bladestorm damage is increased by 20% in PvP.
    • Mortal Strike damage is increased by 25% in PvP (was 10%).
    • Warbreaker and Colossus Smash increase damage taken by the target by 20% in PvP (was 30%).

is literally an exact replica of monk damage changes over a few week period

serenity got nerfed by 5% damage (avatar)
blackout kick got a dam buff (bladestorm)
rsk got a dam buff (mortal strike)
keefer’s got nerfed 20% (warbreaker/colossus smash)

outlaw was in the dumpster all season until over a few weeks of tuning they got multiple dam buffs and now the consensus is they’re goated

i doubt arms turns S tier just because nothing changed with them utility/defensive wise, but i wouldnt be surprised if one random tuesday after a few nothing burger changs they go from B tier to S, at least on ladder.

There is no statement that it won’t effect pvp. At least for protection, this will bring its damage done reduction to 7.5% from 15% in pvp. Now imagine if that was true for Arma and fury too: 10% less damage taken for 7.5% less damage done.

To be fair, eye beam should have NEVER been able to be kicked. Name a single other melee damage ability that can be kicked.

DHs aren’t casters, imagine Hunters being able to have Rapid Fire kicked or WWs FoF kicked or Fury having Rampage kicked, it’s just silly.

2 Likes

Do they want ANYONE to play the dragons in dragonflight???

LOCK BUFFS??? HUNTER BUFFS??? RAPID FIRE OF ALL THINGS???

Why balance when you can just throw more damage on something type logic is still in play…season 3 looking shaky.

I give up…its GOJOver.

https://tenor.com/view/gojo-gojo-satoru-jujutsu-kaisen-special-grade-jjk-gif-19191021

1 Like

This post aged like fine wine. I’m so high IQ, I’m days ahead of everyone else.

5 Likes

It’s the Shadowland syndrome.

Name : Defensive Stance (id=386208) [Spell Family (4)]
Talent Entry : Protection [free=(Protection), tree=class, row=1, col=2, max_rank=1, req_points=0]
: Arms [free=(Arms), tree=class, row=1, col=2, max_rank=1, req_points=0]
: Fury [tree=class, row=1, col=2, max_rank=1, req_points=0]
Class : Warrior
School : Physical
Spell Type : None
Duration : Aura (infinite)
Cooldown : 3 seconds
Category : 2057
Labels : 2796: Protection Warrior (137048 effect#20)
Category Cooldown: 3 seconds
Affecting spells : Bladestorm (46924 effect#3), Bladestorm (227847 effect#3), Bladestorm (389774 effect#3)
Family Flags : 11, 92

Name : Defensive Stance (id=212520) [Spell Family (4)]
Spell Level : 19
Affecting spells : Bladestorm (46924 effect#3), Bladestorm (227847 effect#3), Bladestorm (389774 effect#3)

Name : Defensive Stance (id=197690) [Spell Family (4)]
Duration : Aura (infinite)
Proc Chance : 101%
Triggered by : Defensive Stance (212520)
Family Flags : 11, 113

They probably just add defensive stance to the prot aura and then add the prot aura to the affecting spells list like they do with slam/execute/ignore pain. I don’t understand why these three spell ids exist as-is. Do arms/fury/prot all 3 call the first one?

buff pally please, im re-rolling pally now, hope we can crush other healers in arena, woot!

1 Like

Still trying to wrap my head around MM getting any buffs to their damage.

Will Remi finally stop ignoring me now that arms is buff :rage:

Fury is in 4th place in meta rankings, arms is in sixth. Both arms and fury are getting buffs this upcoming patch. While the classes that do better than warriors are not getting buffed or nerfed. Meaning all dps warrior specs are gonna be in the top 5. No other class in game has all their dps specs in the top 5 meta rankings. Warrior is a S tier class, with their dps spec being S tier. Only warrior mains will complain they can’t insta kill, have divine shield that lasts 5 mins with no cds, and have a button to push to give them 3000 rating in all ranked combat to brag about how good they are, and how much of a better human being they are over everyone else. No other class main cries as hard as warriors this season while performing better than most classes.

5 Likes

I’m glad you feel this way

Arms, fury, prot all call the first one. The third one is an aura triggered by the second spellid. Looking at the effects, it is -20% damage taken and -10% damage done, flipping to -10% damage taken and -20% damage done in pvp. This means that the second and third spellids are likely related to the arms talent that no longer exists.

This is how Defensive stance has a higher damage taken reduction for protection than arms and fury.

Name             : Defensive Stance (id=386208) [Spell Family (4)] 
Labels           : 2796: Protection Warrior (137048 effect#20)
Name             : Protection Warrior (id=137048) [Spell Family (4), Passive, Hidden] 
#20 (id=1093630)  : Apply Aura (6) | Apply Flat Modifier w/ Label (219): Spell Effect 1 (3)
                   Base Value: -5 | Scaled Value: -5 | PvP Coefficient: 1.00000 | Misc Value: 3 | Misc Value 2: 2796 (Label) | Target: Self (1)
                   Affected Spells (Label): Defensive Stance (386208)

So are we running Arms > Fury now, or what?

Woke up and realized that Deep Wounds has a different ID for Prot and Arms so my week is ruined.

I could’ve told you that yesterday but I wanted you to be sad instead.

Also, I just confirmed that the defensive stance change is protection only on live. They likely added another effect to the protection warrior hidden passive instead of changing the base ability, so as not to change it for arms/fury.

ret is already cracked and always does 90k dps
hopped on my ret last week didn’t play it since the ret apocalypses was casually 100-0ing people

1 Like

How long does it usually take simc to dump out new metadata after tuning patches?