I know this question is probably asked a lot, however, I’ve been doing research for a while now and still can’t make up my mind.
I’m looking for my main to level for shadowlands and I’m stuck between hunter, shaman, or warlock.
They all have something I love and I don’t have the time to level all of them even with the 100% exp boost right now.
Important: I’m not looking for ‘X class is better than Y class’ as that’s subject to change each patch whereas I’m looking for specific play styles that each class has which therefore equates to certain strengths and weaknesses.
Pvp > Pve = transmog/gear/crafting legendaries
- I love the strengths in PvP with the sustain and control
- I like the versatility with the different pets. (succubus = seduces, void walker = tank, etc)
- Cool class changes in shadowlands with demonic circle, etc
- I love the dps playstyle of constant, damage
- Crits! Not as big as warlock but still there
- My favorite class changes with the execute and hunters mark
- Survival spec sounds fun as do traps mechanic
- Collecting pets is something I’d enjoy as well as a versatile in combat (like warlock)
- Not as survivable as warlock in PvP from what I know. But I feel like some azerite traits and pets can make up for that
- Lightning (This is my class fantasy), however, the class mechanic are my least favorite of the three
- Crits! Rng based though in enchancement
- My least favorite class changes with the totems
- Honestly, I doubt I’m going to go shaman, I kept in in there cause I like chain lightning. However, If I remember correctly some items and azerite traits can give other classes a “chain lightning” like proc even though it’s probably not BIS.
If you read though all of that I really appreciate it.
I hope your comments can help my get over my indecision as I want to start leveling.