Class choice : Solo play

Heya! Which class would you guys pick to experience all the solo content?

I’ve found rogues to be the best all around, which is why I took one.

They can sneak through stuff, vanish from stuff, stun, heal, have range for situations, distance leap, sprint, good melee, AOE, fun themes, make money in WoD/legion…

2 Likes

DK, Warlock, something noobie like that

Hey thanks Darrisoc. And thanks to everyone who might comment. I have not played in a long time. Back in the day when I was really active I focused on battlegrounds and such… I am really interested in playing again for some reason but this time in an isolated and solo kind of way. Non pvp this time around.

So I was thinking Rogue would be a good choice .

Any class can solo pretty well in this game except for mage, TBH.

Druid - Excellent versatility in terms of spec and role choice.
DH - Great AOE damage while leveling, can tank, and healy orbs are pretty common
DK - Plate armor, can tank, solid damage, and good off-heals with Death Strike
Hunter - Pets can tank.
Monk - Good damage, utility, versatility, and off-heals.
Paladin - See monk but with better armor
Priest - Not the best damage, but shields and self-heals in disc and shadow will ensure you just outlast your opponents.
Rogue - Lots of utility options, stealth, good damage
Shaman - Good off-heals, versatility, utility, not great damage compared to other DPS specs, but you can make do.
Warlock - Tanking pet with solid damage and utility
Warrior - Tanking option, and talent builds make soloing fun.

Mage isn’t as strong at soloing as they used to be because their utility has been gradually nerfed over the years, including their self-heal options outside of mage food. And they’re still quite squishy. They can still solo if you’re skilled enough, but it’s definitely harder for them than any other class.

3 Likes

Mage is still pretty good at soloing, just right now, arcane seems to be the way to go for general purpose leveling. It may not be fun to spam arcane missiles, but it’ll put out the numbers.

Can the monk spec wind walker self heal at all?

Also does the enhancent shaman play the old school way one hander and shield? I know that it was mostly for that windfury two hander proc but I knew a enhance shammy back in vanilla that was beast with his shield mace. If I remember correctly.

Vaeronia thanks for the info.

Wind Walker does have a heal ability, and a small passive from your main attack if you spec into it. Not as good as taking Mist Weaver, but that’s the healing spec.

1 Like

For leveling, Monk is objectively the best for getting through fast due to the XP buff from the daily quest.

1 Like

Monk (all specs) does give a 5% damage debuff to stuff you hit or zap.

For solo gameplay, I’d pick any of the three-spec classes (Druid, Monk, Pally) for versatility, or Warlock for tank pet and self-heals.

For warmode leveling, Rogue no contest.

1 Like

I just want to begin right now to thank you all for this info.

I find asking players is so much better than digging thru YouTube and stuff for info.

Now about Mist Weaver … Does that spec do more damage than… Resto Shaman/Druid? Or is it comparable? Does it do more than say a Holy Paladin?

Is it a healer with okay attack skills?

Also I have not really played since MoP. I did not really ever play a lot of PvE. If you guys could pick a starting point for a returning player where would you start?

I could explore MoP… or warlords and cata… I just want to quest and explore.

Where would you guys start?

I am gonna buy the BFA expansion… it would probably be best to boost a character and explore current stuff… Yeah?

I appreciate you guys helping with all this info.