Class balance

Lol got me there.

lets see.

Tanks- Blood DK, Prot Warr, Brewmaster suffering way below DH, Prot Pal and Guardian Druid.

Healers- Rdruid is meh, but MW is in the literal gutter.

DPS- idk where to even start. Survival, fury? frost mage? arcane? unholy? almost all the lock specs. mut and outlaw rogue. I guess you could maybe count feral?

and it isnt even like, oh hey yeah Hpal is bis compared to MW by a little. or WW is better than Demo by a little.

its just blatant insane power gaps between specs lol

2 Likes

This is the one that gets me the most. Because if you rolled Monk, War, or DK to be a tank you screwed up, and now have to go DPS no matter what in arena and RBGs. No self respecting leader is taking any of these.

In arena I 100% agree be at least in RBGs they can be viable and useful (or maybe its just that we are so hard struck on healers that they take any spec in RBGs). They also are making strides (small baby strides, but strides) to fix MW monk.

Some of these are better than you think. I think Skill Capped said Survival is actually A tier. Lock specs (I feel) are stronger than people make them out to be, but they arenā€™t fire mages. Feral actually isnā€™t bad. There are bad DPS specs, but at least you have an opportunity to utilize another spec in your class if you really want to be meta dps spec (except DHā€™s they only have 1 of each).

The gap can be crazy and itā€™s emphasized in arenaā€™s, and I never expect this game to be completely balanced as thatā€™s impossible for the most part. But there are improvements they could make. I do think the way they set this game up with PvP talents, covs, and talents; they left themselves open to make a lot of changes that could benefit PVP and not hurt PvE play style (or vice versa). They have flexibility, the question is where is their focus at? I think itā€™s on future projects and not on wow.

Yeah but they forgot that all you have to do is 2 shot the survivalā€™s pet and survival canā€™t do anything then.

Nope I didnā€™t. I literally just a said

Iā€™m just implying that itā€™s better than broken.

Clearly a typo.

For what itā€™s worth, Dr and Kang arenā€™t the same person, unless itā€™s someone on two accounts. Also, if Iā€™m not mistaken, there was only one class in the game that never saw any time in the AWC. Not that there isnā€™t imbalance, there definitely is (and always has been/will be), but the one class Iā€™m aware of that wasnā€™t in the AWC was DH and theyā€™re doing very well in RBG. Seeing as how this is a BG forum, I donā€™t really think AWC representation would be relevant here.

Posting here, monk probably has the most to complain about out of any other class, as none of their specs are generally that desirable (though Iā€™ve seen WW and even MW in higher content personally, so it can be done).

1 Like

This post is a trip.

Someone replies to the OP with an earnest question hoping to create some discussion and TC outs themselves as either a troll or a loon.