Clarity please on Water Strider

and all level 1-59 are ‘flightless’ anywhere else.
Next…

Yes B…er, Taienna, they are. But none of those zones are so water-heavy that the lack of WW makes them unplayable.

You do realize that all of the Cata-revamped 1-59 zones predate the introduction of the strider by 1 expansion, yes? If you want WW 1-59 as a luxury, then you can pay for it. Or craft it, or however they plan to distribute em.

what I know is what I WORKED for is being STOLEN and RESOLD to me with new packaging.
Doesnt really matter if some here choose to pretend its ok. Its not.

1 Like

fact is this company knows nothing about gaming anymore.
Blizzard is dead. Activision killed it.

2 Likes

every zone i mentioned is either a zone for levels 20-59 or is a no fly zone at the moment.

so what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Even if those conditions were all met, there would still be the question:
and for how long?

1 Like

I never said they are unplayable w/o water walking. Obviously all the 1-59 levels are playable w/o water walking because they were created before the strider mount existed.

but the strider mount makes moving around in them FAR easier.

and as for “pay for it”. I did. I earned the strider mount in pandaria. i already put in the time and earned that mount specifically to make leveling easier.

sooooo, what’s your point again?

3 Likes

That.
and we PUT THE WORK IN FOR THE MOUNT!

1 Like

Simple answer

Goal post moved ------>

3 Likes

the HELL does that have to do with this?! I can damn well assure you that when I farmed all the crap needed for the strider it was account wide. As blizzard intended. To now take away for no good reason.

2 Likes

Are you actually serious right now? You are telling me it is perfectly acceptable to change something in the game that I have been doing for a long long long while now for free, and to keep doing said thing I need to pay?

When I earned the strider, mounts were account wide. So I farmed it with the full knowledge that is how it was going to be used.

Far out Vixie, I have liked a lot of your posts before but I completely disagree with you on this and I am quite shocked at your response actually .
Blizzard should never allow something to be a certain way for years to then take away later and only continue to allow if paid for.

And I don’t care if it was to cost 1 copper, if it was free before and that is why I earned/farmed the strider, then it should continue to be free now.

2 Likes

/shrug

We’ll see what’s going to happen when PTR opens and if the system is acceptable or something we need to shriek our faces off (like when they were gonna make water striders only usable in its content). That was a forum fight worth writing but this, I dunno. Doesn’t sound like a detrimental change. That all my mounts can water walk is a positive. We’ll see.

I’m willing to bet they will require at least one BoP mat.

1 Like

The “vender” mounts are a natural next target for replacement with the “mount equipment” slot.

Waterwalking, vender, parachute, or anti-stun choice in mount slot 1.5 anyone?

Another pointless change that Blizz somehow thought was necessary.

3 Likes

Assuming this change is considered successful and the same logic continues to be followed, flying and on mount venders could each become new exclusive mount equipment options in some future expansion.

If that were to happen, I’m sure the same players who like this “improvement” will continue their defense of the system.

1 Like

If that were the case, why aren’t they just adding a strider vender with a high asking price?

1 Like

I’m not sure violating forum rules by bringing hyperbolic real-world political insults into this is a good idea.

3 Likes

Heck, (with a few exceptions), we don’t “need” mounts is wow either.

It comes down to tolerance level. Are travel delays in the game tolerable? Or are they frustrating players enough for them to go elsewhere for more effective entertainment?

Everyone has a different tolerance level… And some are close enough to it that minor new delays are enough to finally lose them.

As with portal removal… I hope whatever Activision thinks they’re gaining with these arbitrary changes more than makes up for loss of subscribers.

3 Likes

This would be a bit harder cause those mounts, the mammoth at least is a multiple seat mount as well (i.e., where the merchants sit). If they are planning on extended the merchants to other mounts are they also going to extend the multiple seat, or go with something like a “magic”/void bag like aspect?