Clarification on ToS: Automation

Am I allowed to use Razer Synapse turbo mode(when I hold a button down, it repeatedly uses that keybind until I let it go)? Or is that considered a form of automation? I do have to actively hold the key down, but it continues to click that key for me, again, only so long as i hold it. So, is this a breach of ToS, or am I allowed to do this?

1 Like

Absolutely not. That would be automation.

9 Likes

Is it just the act of it repeatedly pressing the keybind then? I have to actively hold the button for it to work, it stops the second I let it go. Blizzard considers automation to be something that doesn’t require human interaction, but I have to interact with the game to use turbo mode. Or is that still a ban hammer?

1 Like

Basically, yes. You’re pressing the key once and it’s registering multiple key presses. One press down and release should equal one in-game action, not multiple.

Trust me, you’ll want to steer clear of that function while playing WoW.

9 Likes

It would be one keypress = one action. Programming delays or repeats means one key press = more than one action, which is against the Terms of Use and does fall under automation.

6 Likes

One keypress = one action, per character.

Yes turbo mode is automation. You press the button, correct, but then the software automatically repeats the press as long as you hold the button.

4 Likes

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up

4 Likes

No worries at all. Glad you asked first!

6 Likes