Circle of Life and Death so disappointing

The things it DOESNT work on are more than the things it does… doesnt work on starfall, fury of elune, shooting stars, prickling thorns, solstice. I mean im probably missing some. whats the point?

It’s primarily a lego for resto druids. The core of their DPS is Rake,rip,moonfire,sunfire.

It’s top tier for Feral in M+ as well. I’d probably go a different route for Balance.

Whenever I have a problem with this game or any of the abilities the answer always seems to be… oh it’s great in other situations like pve or other specs. The tooltip is so disingenuous. It should read “some of your damage over time abilities tick faster”. It’s less than half of my dots as balance. Ok I get starfall maybe but no reason for anything else to not be included

It’s also worth noting that the “deal their effects in less time” in the case of this legendary means that the duration is decreased, to reduce the amount of time between each “tick” of the DoT/HoT.

This means that in a raid setting as a resto druid, you aren’t making your HoT effects any more efficient per mana (For example, if your Rejuv would heal a total of say 16,000 over 16 seconds, Circle will change that heal to ~16,000 over 13 seconds instead).

While this technically is an HPS increase on each individual target, it doesn’t change the fact that with or without the legendary, each Rejuv cast is going to heal 16,000…and in a raid setting, it’s going to make it more difficult to have more people affected by HoTs at once (for effects such as Flourish or mastery)

1 Like

Maybe research outside the tooltip is needed, as is usually the case.

Please go find anywhere on the whole internet that circle of life doesn’t affect prickling thorns. Please ask any Druid, check any website. I’m the only person who knows and made a post about it

1 Like

To be fair, now we all know about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with OP in that tooltip misinformation/ vagueness is a huge problem in the game right now, especially with legendaries.

Without information such as what specific abilities do and don’t proc things, internal cool-downs, etc, your only option for fringe ideas (you know, to possibly come up with something even better than what most people use) is to craft the legendary yourself and test it. Is this really acceptable for something that’s time gated?

It would be nice if there was some sort of in game literal simulator wheee you could invent and play out scenarios to test stuff. Training dummies don’t come close to allowing this especially for healer mechanics,

Blizzard really undoes a lot of their own creative ideas by not providing an in Game way to test things,

1 Like

um… none of these are Dots, why are you surprised?

1 Like

Wowhead. If you look up CoLD on wowhead it literally lists all dps spells, healing spells, and buffs that are affected and by how much. Woops, your bad!

1 Like

I just went to the wowhead page - the list includes a bunch of non-dot spells, starfall, and fury of elune. OP says his testing contradicts what wowhead says.

Don’t know where you are looking but starfall and fury of elune are def not on the list.

I guess that’s my bad. I mistook the tooltip “damage over time effects” to mean any ability that deals damage over time. But it seems to only work on abilities that deal damage over time and ALSO place a debuff on enemy. (in the case of prickling thorns, the name of the debuff is entangling roots not prickling thorns). And yes, thank you to wow head for being completely misleading which lists fury of elune and starfall (you have to click the drop down menu)

Yes, Damage over time in this game means DoTs, as in debuffs that do damage over time, not channeled or ongoing abilities that do damage over time.

I dont think thats apparently obvious given that wow head says something different. But it appears that is indeed correct