Chronic Blizzard UI Store lua errors on starting and running game

Started just recently the other day started getting Blizzard UI errors
Wiped out the cache folder and its still happening, cant seem to find where the “Blizzard UI” lua files are so how do we address this?

Message: …s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:820: attempt to index local ‘info’ (a nil value)
Time: Sun Feb 25 11:43:52 2024
Count: 1
Stack: …s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:820: attempt to index local ‘info’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua”]:820: in function StoreFrame_CurrencyInfo' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1769: in function StoreFrame_UpdateBuyButton’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1493: in function <…s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:1458>

Locals: currencyInfo =

{
sharedData =
{
}
currencyID = 29
}
info = nil
(*temporary) = “User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the Terms of Sale and Privacy Policy, and I confirm this purchase.”
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = “attempt to index local ‘info’ (a nil value)”
FormatCurrencyStringShort = “CAD %s”
FormatCurrencyStringLong = “CAD %s”
currencySpecific =
{
2 =
{
}
3 =
{
}
1 =
{
}
4 =
{
}
5 =
{
}
98 =
{
}
}

1 Like

They’re in the same folder as addon directories:

_retail_\Interface

Rename the Interface directory so that WoW can create a brand new one with uncorrupted WoW Lua scripts. See if that helps.

It’s part of the overall “Reset WoW UI” support activity:

Did that, did the same thing after renaming “Interface” to “Interface_Corrupted” and restarted wow. The Interface\AddOns directory is now empty, nothing in there … so what next? Reinstall wow?

Message: …s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:820: attempt to index local ‘info’ (a nil value)
Time: Wed Feb 28 06:53:17 2024
Stack: …s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:820: attempt to index local ‘info’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua”]:820: in function StoreFrame_CurrencyInfo' [string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1769: in function StoreFrame_UpdateBuyButton’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1493: in function <…s/Blizzard_StoreUI/Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua:1458>

{
sharedData =
{
}
currencyID = 29
}
info = nil
(*temporary) = “User Acknowledgment: By clicking the Buy Now button below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the Terms of Sale and Privacy Policy, and I confirm this purchase.”
(*temporary) = 0
FormatCurrencyStringShort = “CAD %s”
FormatCurrencyStringLong = “CAD %s”
currencySpecific =
{
2 =
{
}
3 =
{
}
1 =
{
}
4 =
{
}
5 =
{
}
98 =
{
}
}

That shouldn’t have happened. After starting WoW again, the folder should have been repopulated with a series of “addon” folders with names starting with “Blizzard_”. So that fix didn’t work as intended at all. If it might have helped, it never got a chance.

Time: Wed Feb 28 09:23:01 2024

{
sharedData =
{
}
currencyID = 1
}
info = nil
(*temporary) = 0
FormatCurrencyStringShort = “$%s”
FormatCurrencyStringLong = “$%s”
currencySpecific =
{
2 =
{
}
3 =
{
}
1 =
{
}
4 =
{
}
5 =
{
}
98 =
{
}
}
Still appearing on my character screen, any workaround or solution found yet?

Try the scan and repair tool?

Completed the scan and repair, the error still occurs and my addons is empty, the error continues to popup in game while im playing its not good,

Im going to try uninstalling wipe everything and fresh re-install… what a pain…

Update:
Did a full reinstall ; no addons added , no custom WTF files added, fresh install.
Same thing … A 96 GB Download … for nothing … good thing i have fibre internet

Time: Wed Feb 28 12:05:30 2024

Figured out what caused the problem

I went online into my account settings, modified the parental controls, ENABLED STORE TO ALLOW IN GAME PURCHASES… restarted WOW…

NO MORE ERRORS.

Your welcome blizzard, I am doing your troubleshooting for you I guess…

Hope this helps others…

5 Likes

It’s helped me.  I had been putting up with the same error as you since it first began appearing on February 23 for me, after an update had been downloaded.  I grew tired of tolerating the error popping up not just on my character login, but also the character select screen – and I wanted to know why.

Well, now I do.

And I’m going back to disabling in-game purchases because as much as I dislike needing to close the error window every time I log in to both my account and character, I dislike having the in-game store enabled even more.  I disabled that “feature” when it was first added all those years ago to protect myself both from accidents and temptation.  That this problem is still unfixed doesn’t give good optics.

Update: As of patch 10.2.6, it seems the error introduced back in February has finally been fixed.  I no longer have it appearing.

Seems like Lua error in the Blizzard Store UI. This error, occurring at line 820 in the Blizzard_Shared_StoreUISecure.lua file, suggests an attempt to index a nil variable info . Causes can range from addon conflicts, corrupted game files, to issues within the game’s UI code.