Chromie Unlock for Returning Player's Alts

Hello I’m a returning player who stopped playing during Legion. Returned yesterday made a new character and leveled it to 10 through the new exiles area. Noticed that the game is making me go to BFA instead of giving me the option to use Chromie to level my new character. What’s odd is that my Legion characters who are level 45 have access to Chromie already but my brand new one does not. Any direction to be able to get Chromie on my new character and yes we are on the same server.

For a new character to have access to chromie time, you must have leveled one character on your account to level 50. After that, you will have access to it on any new character you make. :slight_smile:

Is it simply level 50? So I can do it through Chromie or do I have to go through BFA first on my old main?

One level 50 is the only requirement. How you get there doesn’t matter. The fastest way would likely be to just finish the last 5 levels on your old main though.

When you start in Exile’s Reach, if you don’t opt out of the tutorial when you get to Stormwind/Orgrimmar you have to do the BfA intro up to the “Come Sail Away”/“Welcome to Zandalar” achievement before you can get access to the starting quests for other expansions. (And that includes Chromie if you’ve unlocked her.)

You don’t get the opt out option until you’ve taken a character through exile’s reach and the BfA intro. Once you do, future characters that land in the city after exile’s reach will see a dialog option on the quest NPC along the lines of “I know my way around the city” which ends the tutorial and unlocks other expansion options.

Now I have a level 10 character in BFA and my level 45 has access to Chromie. So what do I do now so ensure my level 10 character can access CHromie too?

Assuming that you’re past the “opt out point” (and if it’s giving you BfA quests, you are) you’ll need to quest through the BfA intro on the level 10. It doesn’t take too long to do, and has the advantage of opening up the Boralus/Zuldazar portal which is nice for low level characters. (I typically do the tutorial/Bfa intro when I do exile’s reach for that reason — it’s also important to note that if you haven’t done the BfA intro on a character, it can interfere with some of the high level Cata breadcrumb quests — another reason to just do the intro.)

Once you get the “Come Sail Away”/“Welcome to Zuldazar” achievement, you can just head back to the main city and Chromie should be available on them. As you’re doing the intro, when you get to the quest to check the scouting map, you don’t actually have to select a zone to get quest credit. You can click the map, close the map, and turn in the quest. (Or, you can just abandon the zone starter quest if you do pick it up and don’t want it in your log while you do other expansions.)

1 Like

I will test this out later then on my level 10 character. Thanks for the relies. :slight_smile:

Can confirm right after Welcome to Zuldazar I teleported back to Org and Chromie was there. Thank you everyone. Didnt need a 50 after all