Chromie isn't working

I have new toons and wanted to go to WoD to level but Chromie won’t offer me anything. She only says I need to meet the king/warchief and tour the city. I don’t have any quests for that, she doesn’t offer one, I did the city into quests after getting out of the new starting zone. I googled it and as long as I have a level 50 that didn’t use Chromie Time she should offer her services. I have a lot of lvl 50s. She’s not offering. ???

Are the toons level 10 or higher?

1 Like

Yes, level 10-12. I just checked and it’s only affecting the ones who went through the new starting zone. I had a couple level 10s that were made previously and they get the option. But not one of the ones I created and took through the new starting zone are getting any options from Chromie.

Have any of them gone through the BFA introductory scenarios?

1 Like

No. I got the quest for that on them but I don’t want to go there so I haven’t done it yet. Do I need to? Is that the problem?

It’s worth a shot to rule it out, at least.

For my alts I did. You have to get to opening the portals and possibly selecting a zone. Once that is done you can do Chromie Time.

1 Like

I can’t get it to work. I get to turning in Daughter of the Sea and I get a black screen and that’s it. The game is locked up there. *ok editing: after getting DCd several times my toon has finally been moved to Tol Dagor.

But since I’ve done all this before shouldn’t I have gotten an option to skip it? Cause I sure didn’t.

But the thing is my alts that were made before the prepatch haven’t done any of the BfA stuff at all and they get options from Chromie. It’s only the ones I’ve made since.

I wouldn’t do all that, let us try and help to see if we can at least get the introductory BFA quest done.

That seems to be where the bug is, new toons that have leveled using the new zone seem to not be able to use Chromie Time until they do the BFA Intro, after they finish the intro (up to picking your zone, note: for Alliance you need to complete the prison break from Tol Dragor)…

This is from WoWHead:

I have a max level character but made a new one to check out the new intro and chromie time. I got done with the island but cant activate chromie time. I’m level 10. A little pop up even came up and i accepted i was leaving “tutorial mode” what gives?

Last edited 7 days ago (Patch 9.0.1)

Do the intro to Zandalar until you get to the part where you pick a zone, take the portal back to org and you should be able to pick a timeline.

Yeah, I can confirm that Chromie time is currently bugged for some characters after leveling 1-10 in Exile’s Reach, despite having a lvl 50 character. Julair is right, you can get around this problem by starting the BFA introduction. For Alliance, you have to complete the prison break from Tol Dagor. As soon as you arrive in Boralus, the timewalking option will appear in your adventure journal and the Stormwind map highlights the Chromie hourglass.

I’ll try it now that I finally got to Tol Dagor LOL. This is quite a pain, don’t think I’ll bother with Exiles Reach again.

Yeah it seems like a pretty bad bug right now. If you can I would hold up on Exiles Reach until they have a hot fix for it. From what I understand it is a known issue.

Well finally got to choose but when I go to the Blasted Lands and try to turn it in to Khadgar the game locks me up. I’ve had to alt-F4 eight times now. Also, can we not skip the WoD intro anymore? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr alt-F4 nine times now. What is going on with this?

Wowhead posted a workaround skip – click below to expand out the text.

How to Skip the Opening Draenor Questline (...at least most of it).

The opening quest line for Warlords of Draenors follows Archmage Khadgar and his merry band of allies through adventures in Tanaan Jungle to fight the Iron Horde and reclaim a foothold. While this quest is fun and a pretty good source of experience, once you’ve been through it once or twice on alts, you may wish to skip directly to establishing your garrison and forget all the rest of it.

Thankfully, there’s an easy way to skip nearly all of it.

1. Pick up the quest The Dark Portal, either from Chromie for Chromie Time, or from the Call Board/Command Board. This will instruct you to visit the Vanguard Battlemage in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. In Stormwind, this NPC is found in the Mage Tower just below the portal room (49, 87), and in Orgrimmar, she is in the main Orgrimmar portal room (57.6, 88.6).

2. Talk to the Vanguard Battlemage to get a free ride to Blasted Lands.

3. Once you are in Blasted Lands, abandon the quest The Dark Portal. If it’s in your quest log, this will not work.

4. Now run to the Dark Portal, but instead of stopping to talk to Khadgar, run through the masses of Iron Horde and straight into the portal.

You will appear in Frostfire Ridge (Horde) or Shadowmoon Valley (Alliance), right before you start opening your garrison. Mission accomplished!

Wowhead link: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318631/draenor-garrison-building-level-changes-in-shadowlands-pre-patch#how-to-skip-the-opening-draenor-questline

Lemme try that!

Good to know deleted my suggestion.

2 Likes

It worked! Jesus. Why not just leave it as it was? TY everyone.

2 Likes

Glad you were able to get it to work. Have fun in Draenor.

1 Like