Choose Your Own Gear in Dragonflight Season 4

looking forward to troll tier sets showing up cuz someone’s twitch chat thought it’d be funny

20 Likes

Why can’t each spec just have all 3 available to choose from and then you know just use the transmog feature to get the look they want… Is it balance concerns? Who cares - it’s S4…

34 Likes

Yeah also wondering how people will get these sets post season if they are different from the original sets color scheme wise? as they will not be associated with a particular raid tier

1 Like

Will we have a chance to vote on the colors of our tier sets? I’m no concept artist, but a few of the color combinations on armor sets this expansion have been… odd? Like I’m not sure where we were going with any of the Aberrus Demon Hunter armor colors, and a lot of the Amirdrassil Paladin sets look weirdly washed out.

3 Likes

You should make all three available for transmog purposes and let players mix match set bonuses.

39 Likes

I’d rather you just open it all up. We have tier set tokens in raid, let’s utilize that. Put 2 new consoles in the revival catalyst room.

8 Likes

you could at least have told us what the tier set bonuses were. I don’t remember past sets.

26 Likes

Kaivax, buddy, what are the chances of getting images and descriptions added to the polls?

53 Likes

That explains why the forum nearly died. An interesting idea, if nothing else.

Unfortunately, I fear that certain specs might be heavily one sided. Some of them have really only had 1 standout tier set bonus.

1 Like

can you just put them all on a vendor and let us choose?
public polls are not…good

42 Likes

this is such a terrible lazy idea. Make new ones!!! Do your jobs

28 Likes

Exactly. I had to go through 1-year-old links to see the old set bonuses.

13 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this idea because a good chunk of the set bonuses cater to different forms of content. Some set bonuses are really only good in raid, some are only really good in M+, and some are only really good in PvP.

Whoever wins the vote for said specializations kind of just screws the others so if your spec mostly has players who like to raid voting and you like to do M+ your spec mind end up subpar in the form of content you like.

4 Likes

Definitely just put them all updated on a vendor.
I don’t believe you considered how much of the community will be trolls on this Blizz, just so they can play the class they want as “meta”.

10 Likes

Seems like a good idea on paper, but ultimately a bad idea when you think about it. People will troll the worst tier set bonus.

It would be better to have a consul by the creation catalyst that allows players to actively change their tier set bonus for free. Or an on-use reusable item (like our helm enchant) and use the Anima Power interface to change which season for our set bonus.

7 Likes

This needs to be the overwhelming message. If they’re worried about vault just slot a token in the vault instead of the actual piece.

8 Likes

Yeah This! No pics, no links or info for set bonuses.

8 Likes

It would be nice if the polls showed what the bonuses were, I don’t remember every single tier bonus off the top of my head and I have to go look it up on WoWhead to figure out what bonus I’m voting for.

5 Likes

Any reason you don’t go down the Legion route and just let fun trump balance, i.e Raddon’s Cascading Eyes as a set bonus- the remaining cooldown on Eye Beam is reduced by 0.3 sec each time it hits an enemy.

As in no cd on eye beam when hitting 3 or more enemies!!! Why achieve a high water mark than tune down the game?

Interesting idea, problem is that some people love a certain set while others hate it and visa versa for other season sets. Its very different to be forced into a season set vs. losing a vote and having to reuse your least favorite.

I know it would be very difficult to tune previous expansion tiers but I think taking one of those or even making a very generic S4 one to test an interaction would be better.

This would also be good if balance wasnt the main goal of a for fun season (which it isnt) and to let people choose what they want. I would personally dislike S2 Ele set probably being the best but in a for fun season why would I care if I enjoyed S3 more and could choose it anyway?

1 Like