Chonically ill/disabled gang rise up! (megathread?)

Or rather sit and or lay down.

Who else among the community is struggling with chronic/lifelong issues?

Honestly if it weren’t for WoW and other video games I’d have little motivation to even get out of bed. I am nearly bedridden but I can fortunately make it to my desk and sit for a few hours at a time as my desk is right next to my bed. Still need plenty of rest though. Got a 70 but still haven’t finished the main story yet cuz requires a lot of focus. I find myself drifting into mindless tasks like mat farming or rare hunting or doing the hunts, or community soup.

I was going to work on the story but got hit by a massive wave of exhaustion/fatigue, so I am going to lay down and rest some before trying again.

When you’re chronically ill you might want to go out in the world. You might want to walk, or go to parks, jog, or you know do something productive. But just don’t have the energy or ability. I feel fortunate to be alive in the era of video games. Though I suppose centuries pasts I’d find myself occupied with books. While I do enjoy books I prefer the interactive narrative of video games. It’s why I would rather get out of bed and play wow than stay in bed watching tv or reading.

I’m sure there are many of us out there and gotta be a few of us on the forums.

I’d love to see some of y’all and have a chat (when I’m active of course). Could be nice. :slight_smile:

My life altering conditions: Autism (though I don’t personally consider this a disability), ADHD ( mental disability for sure), PTSD, Major depressive disorder, anxiety/panic disorder. Plus, an unknown chronic illness that is causing severe fatigue/exhaustion/weakness/dizziness/muscle spasms/ drowsiness/high white blood cell count/easily elevated heart rate. And a few other things. Been trying to get a diagnosis since sep 21. Over a year now. I struggle to even walk to my bathroom down the hall. But I am not looking for pity. Just stating what’s going on with me. It is what it is and I am dealing with it in the best ways I can. :slight_smile:

49 Likes

My joints are inflammed

7 Likes

Autism, self diagnosed ADD, PTSD, among other things.

6 Likes

AYOOO reporting in! I had a stroke at 22 and nothing has worked right since.

7 Likes

All I’ve got that we know is undiagnosed ADHD

which is fun.
SO FUN.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I just want my memory back.

8 Likes

Ulcerative Colitis here. Some days are harder than others. But, I am starting a new medication today. Hopefully it works better than other ones I tried : )

8 Likes

I’m a cancer survivor and even though I’m ok now, I know how it feels to not have the strength to do the most basic things.

31 Likes

ADHD is a lot rougher than I think most folks are realizing to admit. Honestly before my physical illness I think my biggest hurdle in life was no my autism, not my depression (Except for when it was at it’s worst) and not my anxiety. But my adhd… and also untreated adhd can make depression and anxiety worse. Unfortunately I didn’t get treatment until around the time my phyiscal health declined. So I finally get some control over my mental health only for my physical health to do a divebomb.

Oh life, how poetic you are.

4 Likes

I think the biggest reason is a lot of people think ADHD is a childhood thing.
Meanwhile I’ve pushed past 3 decades with this nonsense and I got it from my mum, who is in her 6th decade!

I want to take studies and shake them at people.

5 Likes

I think folks fail to realize that adhd children become adhd adults. And some folks aren’t diagnosed until adulthood. Also it works/displays itself a bit differently in children versus adults.

ADHD isn’t a random childhood thing that goes away when you get older. Though I wonder if some folks truly think it is?

4 Likes

I am pretty sure there are. People need better education involving mental health. To be honest, people in general can be more understanding of people with chronic illnesses.

Probably because symptoms manifest differently
maybe because the most outward ones get treated, while those whose ADHD skews towards inattentive symptoms (which I’ll refer to as internal) get shunted to the side.

It’s a mystery.

That could be the reason I’m grumpy ,this weather isn’t doing me favor either.

I also have UC, plus a smattering of related issues. I hope your meds help!

1 Like

I got a bad cold and my big toe hurts from dropping a pot on it. I’m 100% disabled.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I hope your treatment plan is going well : )

1 Like

I don’t feel a need for any mega thread because I’m secure in who I am.

1 Like

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and still suffer from long COVID neurological problems. I can’t go back to work. I keep hoping someday, but I don’t know.

9 Likes

That’s cool. But, some people may find it nice to talk with others for support.

5 Likes

That’s me on the days the RA gets bad. :frowning:

2 Likes