Chinese Undead models are without bones?

04/19/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Aldraya
It is censorship. The Chinese government censors a lot of things for the "safety" of its people, like most Communist nations have/do/will.

For a cultural thing that has been around in China for centuries (not showing bones), what does the recent (and current) government have to do with it?

Communist governments are a thing of the 20th century. Their culture has been around for a few thousand years.
China has always censored and banned anything related to bones and undead things.

When I used to play Smite a gamr about gods, they even refused to introduce some gods just because they had undead looks or abilities with bone/zombie stuff.
04/19/2017 07:53 AMPosted by Sefferon
This has been a thing for a long time; it's not actually censored in China so much as the gaming companies there censor it automatically for fear it will cause delays in getting the product to market in China.

I feel like the internet spends a lot of time arguing over the word 'censorship'

.. when in practice the end result is the same, no matter the word.
04/19/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Melantha
What I would like is an option for Undead to show armor that does not rip at the elbows,knees and toes.

Remembah Marshal Redpath? Mistah "Maybe I'll invent Forsaken with elbows!"?

Yeah, well... He set out to make a Forsaken faction with elbows an' ya know what happened to him? He got kneecapped!
04/19/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Aldraya
04/19/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Frostellion
Its not censorship, it is against their religion and seen as offensive in not showing respect to their ancestors.

It is censorship. The Chinese government censors a lot of things for the "safety" of its people, like most Communist nations have/do/will.

It's less about actual safety and more about exerting control over people.

So would you say not showing pictures of Mohammad is Censorship, or respect of a specific religion?
I wish we could choose level of decay and I wish we could choose undead race.
1 Like

undead models are cool

This was two years ago. Two whole years. Did you really need to revive it just to say “they’re cool?” :man_facepalming: and even the last post before this one was a necro. Yeesh.

2 Likes

yes. now you can shoose it too.

Jeez, this post came back from the dead, died, then got necroed again by a troll.

Flagged for spam, go back under your bridge!

Two years later and I still miss Snow…

sniffle

2 Likes

Oh but tentacles being shoved through every nook and cranny is alright lol.

You’re replying to a post from 2017. I don’t think they care anymore.

Yeah; I had to take a second to read the date!

Now Forsaken come in boneless flavor as well!

China exerts a lot of power over the entertainment industry. Hollywood movies are tailored and changed to be suitable for the Chinese market.

There was a great YT video detailing The extent to which movie companies have gone to appeal to China.

Some of the highest grossing U.S. films in China include The Avengers, as well as timeless classics like Fast & Furious 7 and Aquaman.

Yeah, That’s censorship…

Homosexuality was offensive for a religion once.

1 Like