Chilled to the core should be built into frost shock in DF

For anyone that doesn’t know, Chilled to the core gives frost shock a chance to generate 2 maelstrom. obviously this would benefit enh the most but I think it would be cool for resto and ele as it would give them a (probably very niche) reason to pick maelstrom weapon. Now I don’t know how meta or viable it would be and I don’t think weaving in frost shocks to gain what is essentially a lesser nature’s swiftness would be overpowered or anything. I just think it would be a fairly good way to make maelstrom weapon a talent that ele and resto could actually consider taking as right now it is a completely useless talent for them.

Swirling Maelstrom is basically Chilled to the Core now that they added Hailstorm Frost Shocks as an activator.

I mean, true? But that doesn’t do anything to help Elemental and Resto actually be capable of using Maelstrom Weapon, which was the OP’s point.

I probably wouldn’t go for attaching MSW generation to Frost Shock for all specs. Frost Shock has no CD and is ranged, which means Ele and Resto would be free to just spam it for MSW generation anytime they want to move. This makes MSW generation too easy for them, and goes against the spirit of the ability as a melee-caster enhancement.

If we’re going to add baseline MSW generation to anything, it should be Primal Strike, and then have that carry over in its conversion to Stormstrike without having to wait 50 levels for 2/2 Elemental Assault. I don’t know that one instant-cast spell per minute is fully worth the added complication of being in melee and weaving Primal Strike into their rotation on cooldown for Ele and Resto, but it’s at least in the spirit of MSW’s design.